|Release date||1 October 2015 (Update)|
The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill, in addition to having assigned abyssal demons (or the Sire itself) by a Slayer master. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss as players not targeted by Sire cannot attack it.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for runecrafting. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points and, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire has less than 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 24
Armour & WeaponsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,376 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,669 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 62,307 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,410 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 86,270 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 54,444 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,276 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 52,696
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 3,000 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 64,600–71,400 Magic logs 50–70 (noted) Common 55,400–77,560 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 42,958–48,442 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 62,695 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 68,184 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 56,025 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 43,325 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 42,050 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 21,000
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 9,180 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 80,808 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 142,932 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 68,180 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 10,852 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 106,130 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 16,218 Teak seed 2 Uncommon 864 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 88,506 Mahogany seed 2 Uncommon 4,464 Yew seed 2 Rare 153,558 Magic seed 2 Rare 365,544 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 3,610 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 25,818 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 36,804
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 38,850 Law rune 250 Uncommon 56,000 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 66,000–81,400 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 33,300–40,700 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 32,480–42,630
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 49 Water talisman 1 Rare 161 Fire talisman 1 Rare 1,857 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 228 Body talisman 1 Rare 395 Nature talisman 1 Rare 499 Mind talisman 1 Rare 335 Earth talisman 1 Rare 174 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 295
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 6,000–52,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 84,750 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 48,855 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 23,925 Jug of water 254–350 (noted) Uncommon 6,350–8,750 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 51,000 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold
- The Abyssal Sire will also drop items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 7,715 Tooth half of key 1 Common 18,043 Chaos talisman 1 Common 228 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 840 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 819 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,592 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 499 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,730 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 665 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,140 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,539 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,673 Law rune 45 Uncommon 10,080 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,900 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,600 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,972 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,643 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,300 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 15,981 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,257 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,179 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,205 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,055 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,362 Dragon spear 1 Rare 38,365
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- Prior to an update on 24 August 2017, the respiratory systems would not be affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
- ↑ Twitter - 16 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 14 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 11 Jan 2016
- ↑ Twitter - 13 Nov 2015
- ↑ Mod Ronan. "Sire is great and has lots of potential but...." October 5, 2015. Reddit Forums.
• • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •