|Release date||1 October 2015 (Update)|
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for runecrafting. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points and, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire has less than 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 22
Armour & WeaponsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,452 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,633 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 62,424 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,602 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 88,990 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 54,582 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,400 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 52,626
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 3,600 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 70,680–78,120 Magic logs 51–70 (noted) Common 60,996–83,720 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 43,522–49,078 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 62,365 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 67,266 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 65,575 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 50,250 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 41,425 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 25,400
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 15,900 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 88,966 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 53,658 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 71,190 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 21,842 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 121,948 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 19,206 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 98,068 Yew seed 2 Rare 159,586 Magic seed 2 Rare 345,134 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 3,360 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 27,024 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 44,096
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 45,150 Law rune 250 Uncommon 56,000 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 79,500–98,050 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 32,625–39,875 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 35,200–46,200
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 68 Water talisman 1 Rare 184 Fire talisman 1 Rare 1,889 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 227 Body talisman 1 Rare 510 Nature talisman 1 Rare 524 Mind talisman 1 Rare 459 Earth talisman 1 Rare 173 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 341
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 6,000–51,989 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 84,390 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 52,590 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 23,775 Jug of water 254–350 (noted) Uncommon 2,540–3,500 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 60,000 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold
- The Abyssal Sire will also drop items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,265 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,260 Chaos talisman 1 Common 227 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 921 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 936 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,731 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 524 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 5,400 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,528 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 550 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 860 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,473 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,869 Law rune 45 Uncommon 10,080 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,925 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,620 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,976 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,642 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 8,000 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 17,499 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,506 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,401 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,301 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,118 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,389 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,428
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- ↑ Twitter - 16 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 14 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 11 Jan 2016
- ↑ Twitter - 13 Nov 2015
- ↑ Mod Ronan. "Sire is great and has lots of potential but...." October 5, 2015. Reddit Forums.
• • • • •
• • • • • • • (Boss)
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •