|Release date||1 October 2015 (Update)|
The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill, in addition to having assigned abyssal demons (or the Sire itself) by a Slayer master. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss.
According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for runecrafting. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, and skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
Random events cannot occur in the Sire's chamber; any random events following the player will be automatically dismissed entering appropriate range. Players in invalid tiles when a Sire is dormant will result in teleportation to the center of the chamber.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire reaches 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 52
Armour & WeaponsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,278 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,567 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 62,259 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,452 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 86,100 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 54,474 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,440 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 52,394
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 2,400 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 68,780–76,020 Magic logs 50–70 (noted) Common 53,650–75,110 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 40,514–45,686 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 62,305 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 67,386 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 55,675 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 44,100 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 45,700 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 20,350
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 12,210 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 96,464 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 166,718 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 74,452 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 25,744 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 163,126 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 16,600 Teak seed 2 Uncommon 1,334 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 99,300 Mahogany seed 2 Uncommon 45,618 Yew seed 2 Rare 163,816 Magic seed 2 Rare 442,042 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 3,020 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 25,266 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 39,640
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 35,700 Law rune 250 Uncommon 50,000 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 74,700–92,130 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 33,075–40,425 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 35,840–47,040
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 51 Water talisman 1 Rare 250 Fire talisman 1 Rare 1,892 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 234 Body talisman 1 Rare 548 Nature talisman 1 Rare 630 Mind talisman 1 Rare 237 Earth talisman 1 Rare 177 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 404
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 48,505–52,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 84,100 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 45,030 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 25,525 Jug of water 254–350 (noted) Uncommon 3,302–4,550 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 51,000 Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold
- The Abyssal Sire will also drop items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 5,643 Tooth half of key 1 Common 14,811 Chaos talisman 1 Common 234 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 748 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 757 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,514 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 630 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 5,550 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,108 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 690 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,040 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,461 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,534 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,000 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,205 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,644 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,974 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,645 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,700 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,330 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,002 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,100 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,226 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,042 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,255 Dragon spear 1 Rare 38,691
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- Prior to an update on 24 August 2017, the respiratory systems would not be affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- On release, players who attacked the Sire when it was dormant would end up performing a second attack when it woke up. This was a glitch and was fixed with an update on 22 February 2018.
- ↑ Twitter - 16 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 14 Dec 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 13 Nov 2015
- ↑ Twitter - 11 Jan 2016
- ↑ Mod Ronan. "Sire is great and has lots of potential but...." October 5, 2015. Reddit Forums.
• • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •