The Agility Pyramid is a dangerous Agility training area located between Sophanem and Nardah. It is also known as the Jaleustrophos Pyramid. Here, players must climb to the top of the pyramid, retrieve a Pyramid top artifact, and drop down to the bottom to hand it to Simon Templeton in exchange for 10,000 gold pieces. Players must enter the doorway at the top of the pyramid, or the pyramid top will not be replaced.
At 75 Agility with Stamina Potions and Humidify, the experience rate can reach up to 50,000 xp per hour, increasing incrementally with each additional Agility level up to approximately 55,000 xp per hour at 99.The official Agility Pyramid World is 314 if you wish to run laps with other players.
|Location on World Map|
- Ability to survive Desert heat, which requires Waterskins
- Ability to replenish Hitpoints, which requires food.
- Level 30 Agility to start the pyramid
- Although its technically possible to get to the top at level 30, the chance of failing certain obstacles is so high that you rarely, if ever get to the top before level 45+
- At level 50 Agility, you can expect to fail 3-5 obstacles on average before reaching the top.
- At level 60 Agility, you can expect to fail 1-2 obstacles on average before reaching the top.
- At level 70 Agility, it is impossible to fail any obstacles regardless of weight, aside from the jump gaps, which always have a slight chance of failure until 75.
- At level 75 Agility, it is impossible to fail the jump gaps, regardless of weight.
- Access to Sophanem to quickly refill waterskins.
- Humidify spell to quickly refill waterskins.
- Completion of Spirits of the Elid quest. If you have completed Spirits of the Elid, you can recharge your Hitpoints and prayer points at the Elidinis Statuette in Nardah, as well as refill your waterskins at the nearby fountain.
- The Agility Pyramid is situated in the dangerous Kharidian Desert, between the towns of Sophanem and Nardah.
- It is located east from the crocodile pond north of Sophanem, past the Wanderer's tent.
There are several ways of getting to the Agility Pyramid:
- The fastest way is to use the Jaleustrophos teleport of the Pharaoh's sceptre.
- Magic carpet - Take a magic carpet ride from Shantay Pass to Pollnivneach. From here, either:
- Walk south to the Agility Pyramid. (The magic carpet route is shown in PINK, and the on-foot route is in BLUE.)
- Take another carpet ride to Sophanem (requires starting Icthlarin's Little Helper), and walk north-east to the pyramid.
- Note that a bank is available in Sophanem upon the completion of the Contact! quest.
- Take a carpet ride to Nardah, and walk south-west from Nardah. (The route is shown in PINK.)
- Note that a bank is available in Nardah.
- Use the fairy ring system to enter one of the desert portals, and run from there. (DLQ works best since it takes the player just north of Nardah.)
- Have your player-owned house at Pollnivneach (or use a Scroll of redirection, which costs 775 Nightmare Zone points, on a House tablet), use Teleport to House, and then walk to the pyramid, or use the carpet.
Clothing and Items to bringEdit
- A full set of Graceful clothing is the most efficient set of clothing in terms of energy conservation. A full set of graceful replenishes one's energy at a rate of 3x the normal rate, allowing for more time spent running as opposed to walking the course. Also, graceful allows for a much higher success rate on certain obstacles due to its property of weightlessness. The only downside to graceful is that it fails to diminish the effects of desert heat, resulting in a more frequent depletion of waterskins.
- A full set of desert robes is the most efficient set of clothing in terms of water conservation. However, desert robes do not have any energy restoration abilities.
- Upon arriving at the Agility Pyramid, walk to the westernmost part of the area.
- Climb down the agility wall. (Note that this requires level 30 Agility.)
- Talk to Simon Templeton, who can be found near the Agility Pyramid. He will explain that he works for the Varrock Museum and is willing to purchase Pyramid Tops for 10,000 gold pieces each.
- Climb down another wall to start the course.
Obstacle Image XP Occurrences Description Rolling Blocks 12 5 These blocks roll when stepped on. If successful, players will be thrown to the next block. If they fail, it will roll them down one level within the pyramid and cause 6 Hitpoints of damage. If you go backwards you will always roll down and cause 1 HP of damage. They can be recognised as grey round stones. You can examine them on the floor below, and they are called stone blocks. Climb-over Low Wall 8 5 These are low walls that players can climb over. Players may occasionally slip and take 4 HP of damage. Moving Blocks 0 2 Moving blocks may push players off the level. If timed properly, players will be able to get past these blocks. If incorrectly timed, players will be pushed down to the level below and hit for 8 HP of damage. Cross Ledge 52 4 Players will have to walk across a small ledge. Players may occasionally trip and fall down one level, causing 10 HP of damage. Cross Plank 56.4 2 Players will have to cross the plank "bridge" to move past. Occasionally, players may slip and fall down one level, causing 10 HP of damage. Cross Gap 56.4 3 Players will have to cross a gap. They can lose their grip and fall to the level below, causing 8 HP of damage. Jump Gap 22 6 Players will have to jump over this gap. Players may occasionally miss their footing and comically fall to the level below, causing 8 HP of damage. Climb-up Stairs 0 5 Climbing up the stairs will get players one level higher. TOTAL 722 Completion Bonus 300 + 8x(Agility level)
Bonus: You will get a bonus experience score for completing the course, which is equal to a base amount of 300 plus your agility level multiplied by 8. [300 + (Agility Level x 8)]
Finishing off / RewardEdit
- Once at the top, players will find a temple with an artefact sitting on top.
- Climb up the climbing rocks at the side of the temple, and claim the Pyramid top.
- Go to the other side of the temple, and enter a doorway.
- You will find yourself at the base of the pyramid.
- Each pyramid top weighs 11 kilograms. It is highly recommended to sell your pyramids to Simon after every one or two laps depending on the weight of your character.
- Make sure your character's weight does not surpass 10 kilograms, as this will result in a higher fail rate on most obstacles. At 75 Agility, weight is no longer a factor, thus one may hold as many pyramid tops as one desires with no increase in obstacle failure.
(1) • (1) • (1) • (25) • (30) • (30) • (35) • (48) • (52) • (60) • (70)
|Rooftop Agility courses|