|Also known as||Att, Atk|
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
as of 1 September 2018 - update
as of 1 September 2018 - update
Some weapons give players Attack bonuses when using certain attack types. These bonuses are noted in the Equipment Stats section of the equipment menu. Attack bonuses give players advantages as well as disadvantages in melee combat, based on their target's strengths and weaknesses.
|Attack type||Suitable weapons|
|Stab||Daggers, swords, longswords, and pickaxes.|
|Slash||Swords, longswords, axes, scimitars, battleaxes, and two-handed swords.|
|Crush||Maces, battleaxes, warhammers, pickaxes, axes, and two-handed swords.|
Other Attack bonusesEdit
- An amulet of accuracy gives an equipment bonus of +4 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of power gives an equipment bonus of +6 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of glory gives an equipment bonus of +10 to the stab, slash and crush Attack types.
- The beads of the dead gives +1 in all styles.
- An amulet of fury gives the same bonuses as the amulet of glory in the Attack stats, but has higher bonuses in Defence, Strength, and Prayer.
- The amulet of torture gives +15 to all melee attack bonuses.
- A Warrior ring gives an equipment bonus of +4 to just the slash Attack bonus.
- Any gloves received as a reward from the Culinaromancer's Chest as a reward from the Recipe for Disaster quest gives substantial attack bonuses in stab, slash and crush; the more expensive, the better the bonuses.
- "Bronze" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +2 in each melee style.
- "Iron" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +3 in each melee style.
- "Steel" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +4 in each melee style.
- "Black" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +5 in each melee style.
- "Mithril" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +6 in each melee style.
- "Adamantite" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +7 in each melee style.
- "Rune" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +8 in each melee style.
- "Dragon" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +9 in each melee style.
- "Barrows" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +12 in each melee style.
In order to wield weapons, a certain Attack level requirement must be met. Commonly used items and their corresponding level requirements are as follows:
|Weapon||Attack level required||Other requirements|
|White||10||Completion of the Wanted! quest.|
|Swamp lizard||30||30 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Mystic staves||40||40 Magic.|
|Granite maul||50||50 Strength.|
|Leaf-bladed sword||50||55 Slayer|
|Ancient staff||50||50 Magic and completion of Desert Treasure.|
|Iban's staff||50||50 Magic and completion of Underground Pass.|
|Orange salamander||50||50 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Obsidian||60||The Obsidian maul (Tzhaar-ket-om), however, requires 60 Strength, but only 1 Attack. The Obsidian staff also requires 60 Magic.|
|Dragon||60||The Dragon longsword and Dragon dagger also require completion of the Lost City quest. The Dragon mace and Dragon battleaxe also require completion of Heroes' Quest. The Dragon halberd also requires completion of Regicide, as well as 30 Strength. The Dragon scimitar also requires completion of Monkey Madness I.|
|Barrelchest anchor||60||Requires completion of Great Brain Robbery to obtain and equip. Also requires 40 Strength.|
|Red salamander||60||60 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Barrows||70||70 Strength for Dharok's greataxe and Torag's hammers, 70 Magic for Ahrim's staff.|
|Abyssal bludgeon||70||70 Strength.|
|Zamorakian spear||70||Can be converted into a Zamorakian hasta for 300,000 coins and will also require partial completion of barbarian training.|
|Black salamander||70||70 in both Ranged and Magic also required.|
|Avernic defender||70||70 Defence.|
|Saradomin's blessed sword||75||None.|
|(Toxic) Staff of the dead||75||75 Magic.|
|Arclight||75||Completion of Shadow of the Storm|
|Scythe of vitur||75||75 Strength.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 It should also be noted that Halberds of any material require a Strength level equal to one-half that of its Attack level requirement.
Certain items allow a temporary boost of the Attack stat. Commonly used Attack boosts are as follows, and all percentage values are rounded down:
|Attack potion||3 to 12 (3 + 10% of Attack level).|
|Super attack potion||5 to 19 (5 + 15% of Attack level).|
|Combat potion||3 to 12 (3+ 10% of Attack level). Also boosts Strength.|
|Zamorak brew||2 + 20%. Also boosts Strength, lowers Defence and Hitpoints, and restores some Prayer points.|
|Prayer||Clarity of Thought, Improved Reflexes, and Incredible Reflexes boost Attack level by 5%, 10% and 15%, respectively. Chivalry and Piety also increase Attack level by 15% and 20%, respectively, in addition to their other boosts to Defence and Strength.|
|Black mask||15%. Also boosts Strength. Only works when fighting monsters assigned to you by a Slayer Master.|
|Cup of tea||2 points.|
|Ruby harvest||20% when used in a multi-combat zone.|
Quests rewarding Attack experienceEdit
|Attack req.||Other requirements|
|In Search of the Myreque||600||-||25|
|Fairytale I - Growing Pains||2,000||-||-|
|In Aid of the Myreque||2,000||-||25 , 15 , 7|
|Tai Bwo Wannai Trio||2,500||-||15 , 30 , 5|
|The Fremennik Trials||2,812||-||25 , 40 , 40 if crafting your own lyre|
|Heroes' Quest||3,075||-||55 , 53 , 53 , 25 , 50|
|Tree Gnome Village||11,450||-||-|
|The Grand Tree||18,400||-||25|
|Camelot training room|
|20,000||-||45 , 65|
Upon completing any of the following quests, players may choose to allocate experience to Attack. These rewards usually come in the form of items, such as lamps or books, and are independent of any experience rewards directly received for completing the quest.
|Skills available||Skill requirements|
|Client of Kourend||500 twice||Any||-|
|Fairytale II - Cure a Queen||2,500||Any skill above 30||49 , 57|
|A Tail of Two Cats||2,500 twice||Any skill above 30||-|
|The Great Brain Robbery||5,000||Any skill above 30||16 , 30 , 50|
|King's Ransom||5,000||Any skill above 50||65|
|Darkness of Hallowvale||2,000 three times||Any skill above 30||5 , 20 , 22 , 32 , 33 , 40|
|Curse of the Empty Lord|
|10,000||Any skill above 50||Some players will need 31|
|Shadow of the Storm||10,000||30|
|The Fremennik Isles||10,000 twice||20 , 40|
|One Small Favour||10,000 twice||Any skill above 30||36 , 25 , 18 , 30|
|Recipe for Disaster|
(The final battle)
|20,000||Any skill above 50||175 , 48 , 50 , 53 , 53 , 25 , 59 , 40 , 50 , 40 , 40 , 10 , 10 , 36|
|Legends' Quest||7,650 four times||107 , 50 , 50 , 45 , 56 , 52 , 42 , 50 , 50 , 50 , 50|
|Monkey Madness I||35,000 or 20,000||or||-|
|Dragon Slayer II||25,000 four times||200 , 75 , 70 , 68 , 62 , 60 , 60 , 50 , 50|
|Monkey Madness II||50,000 twice||69 , 70 , 60 , 55 , 55 , 60|
|Total||369,100 or 384,100|
- ↑ The two skills chosen will receive 35,000 experience, and the other two will receive 20,000 experience.