|Release date||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|High Alch||174,006 coins|
|Low Alch||116,004 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||12,919,257 coins (info)|
|A sturdy chestplate.|
The Bandos chestplate is a part of the Bandos armour set, which requires 65 Defence to wear. It is dropped by General Graardor and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon. Unlike the other body armours which provide a strength bonus, the Bandos chestplate features a slight prayer bonus and substantial defensive bonuses.
|Hover over image for type|
A male player wearing Bandos armour.
A female player wearing Bandos armour.
Bandos armour is arguably the most powerful non-degradable melee armour in Old School RuneScape. For this reason, it is a common selection for melee training, Slayer tasks, and other prolonged combat encounters. Its excellent ranged protection along with its strength and prayer bonus makes it popular for some boss hunting scenarios. Stat-wise, it is comparable to the barrows platebodies, which provide almost identical ranged protection and significantly higher melee protection. However, barrows armour does not provide any strength or prayer bonus and degrades.
It should be noted that the Bandos chestplate is one of the heaviest pieces of body armour in the game, second to only the granite body, which is 10kg heavier.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity General Graardor 624 1 Sergeant Grimspike 142 1 Sergeant Steelwill 142 1 Sergeant Strongstack 141 1
- The inventory sprite for the Bandos chestplate is missing both the shoulder spikes and the sleeve. It also resembles the male version of the chestplate more than the female version.
- A minor bug occurs when equipping a skillcape with the Bandos chestplate; the cape's left shoulder piece seems to merge with the chestplate's pauldron.
- The Bandos chestplate does not interfere with Ava's device.
- The Bandos chestplate does not penalise the wearer's magic attack bonus as much as a regular platebody.
- When performing the Hypermobile Drinker emote with the chestplate equipped, the player's left arm will visibly detach from their torso.
God Wars Dungeon-related items
• • •