|Release date||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to Elena in her house in East Ardougne. She lives right across the road from where you started Plague City.|
|Description||This is the second part of an ongoing adventure. Help Elena discover the truth about the infamous Ardougne plague.|
Skills Necklace (4/6)
|Enemies to defeat||Mourner (level 13)|
Getting started Edit
Sneaking back Edit
- Speak to Omart who is west of Ceril Carnillean's house in East Ardougne, just southwest of the castle.
- Go to small watchtower along the wall, directly north of Omart.
- Stand in the corner where the two spiked fences meet.
- Use bird feed on the watchtower fence.
- Click the pigeon cage in your inventory.
- Go back and speak to Omart. (1 after a slight delay)
- Climb rope ladder into West Ardougne.
Infiltrating the Mourner Headquarters EditItems required: Rotten apple (must be apple in quest, others from Yanille or Seers' Village do not work) Recommended: Skills necklace(6) (teleport to Fishing Guild) OR Ardougne teleport to quickly return to Elena.
- Go to the Mourners' Headquarters in the northeastern corner of the city and try to enter through the front door.
- Head around the Headquarters to the northern area with the cauldron.
- Pick up rotten apple a little to the west.
- Squeeze through the fence into the backyard.
- Use the rotten apple on the cauldron. DO NOT EAT IT!
- Go back through the fence.
- Go to Nurse Sarah's house, southwest of the West Ardougne church.
- Search cupboard in northern part of the house for a Doctors' gown.
- Equip the Doctors' gown, go back to the Headquarters and open the door.
- Go upstairs and kill a Mourner.
A key will automatically be placed in your inventory.
- Use the key on the gate to get into the caged room.
- Search the crates to find Elena's Distillator (North-Eastern single crate).
- Go to Elena (via Skills necklace(6) teleport to Fishing Guild or go back and speak to Kilron or via the sewers from Plague City quest) and give her the Distillator
Getting the touch paper Edit
- Bank the 4 samples Elena gives you. Teleporting with samples will break them, so make sure you bank them before you teleport!
- Teleport to Draynor Village/Falador.
- Withdraw the samples!
- Go to the Chemist in southwestern Rimmington. (Using the Rimmington Home Teleport will destroy the plague sample!)
- Speak to the Chemist. Avoid all chat options that state you have a plague sample! (2-2-2)
He will give you the touch paper.
- You will find Chancy, Da Vinci and Hops around a fire outside the Chemist's house.
- Give Chancy the . Chat Option (2)!
- Give Da Vinci the . Chat Option (1)!
- Give Hops the . Chat Option (3)!
So far, so good Edit
- Deposit Plague sample (Bank Deposit box at the northern parts of the docks in Port Sarim by the Monks of Entrana).
- Teleport to Varrock.
- Purchase a Priest gown (top and bottom) from Thessalia at Thessalia's Fine Clothes in Varrock
- Withdraw the Plague sample from the Varrock east bank.
- Equip the Priest gown
- Travel to the fenced area in the South east of the bank. The guard will search you, but you will be able to pass freely with the plague sample and touch paper in your inventory.
- Go to the Dancing Donkey Inn.
- Talk to Hops, Da Vinci and Chancy to get the vials back. Make sure you have the free inventory space.
- DO NOT pass back through the gate or your vials will be confiscated but note your plague sample will not be!
- With your Priest gown equipped head to Guidor's house in the southeast of the fenced area.
- Speak to Guidor, tell him Elena has sent a sample that needs to be processed. (1-2)
- Return to Ardougne and speak to Elena.
- Go to Ardougne Castle 1st floor[ and speak to ]King Lathas. (1)
Congratulations! Quest complete!
- 3 Quest points
- 1,250 Thieving experience
- Use of the Combat Training Camp north of the city.
- The ability to travel freely through the West Ardougne gate.
- The ability to use the West Ardougne Teleport in the Arceuus spellbook
- Da Vinci is a reference to the famous multi-talented Italian, Leonardo Da Vinci.
- The name of the man who helps you get over the wall, Jerico, could be a reference to Jericho's wall.
- The Inn of the Dancing Donkey is likely an allusion to the Inn of the Prancing Pony where Frodo and Sam go to meet Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- It's possible to avoid giving any of the vials to the Chemist's cronies by dropping the vials outside the gate, having the guard check you, and then telegrabbing them from the other side.
Required for completing Edit
Completion of Biohazard is required for the following:
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • •