|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|A dark-hearted knight.|
Black Knights are some of the oldest non-player characters in RuneScape. When the game was first released, Black Knights were the strongest foes in RuneScape at level 46, and only three of them existed.
They are much harder to kill than their level suggests and can kill lower levelled players with ease, hitting constant 5s through even adamant armour, although they won't really pose a threat to mid-high levelled players and would be more of an annoyance instead. Safespotting them with magic attacks are the best way to deal with them, though a strong melee weapon works just as well.
- In the Black Knights' Fortress.
- By the Draynor Village fishing spots.
- An area south of the Wilderness ditch, north of Varrock.
- In Taverley Dungeon, in the black knights rooms.
- In the Port Sarim Jail, behind the bars of the cell (only drops bones).
- Southwestern area of the Lava Maze in the Wilderness.
- In an unnamed Black Knights outpost southwest of the Wilderness fishing area and northwest of the Bone Yard.
The aggressiveness of a Black Knight depends on its location.
- Black Knights in most overworld areas (such as near towns and cities) aren't aggressive.
- Black Knights in most areas of their fortress (battlements, towers) are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Wilderness are aggressive.
- Black Knights in the Taverley Dungeon are aggressive.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 70
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Iron full helm 1 Common 92 Iron sword 1 Common 12 Steel mace 1 Uncommon 18 Mithril arrow 3 Uncommon 117 Black sword 1 Rare 199
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Earth rune 10 Common 50 Body rune 9 Common 45 Chaos rune 6 Uncommon 606 Mind rune 2 Uncommon 8 Death rune 2 Uncommon 530 Law rune 3 Rare 657 Cosmic rune 7–10 Rare 861–1,230
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Potato seed 4 Common 8 Onion seed 4 Common 8 Cabbage seed 4 Common 8 Tomato seed 3 Rare 6 Sweetcorn seed 3 Rare 27 Strawberry seed 2; 3 Rare 12–18 Watermelon seed 2 Rare 1,062
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 1–58 Common Not sold Tin ore 1 Common 46 Steel bar 1 Common 448 Pot of flour 1 Uncommon 116 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Bread 1 Rare 227 Herb 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 8,840 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,822 Chaos talisman 1 Common 227 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 914 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 953 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,732 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 539 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 5,400 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,528 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 550 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 840 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,493 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,802 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,855 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,925 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,564 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,988 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,622 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 8,100 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 17,233 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,590 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,336 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,261 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,079 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,325 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,216
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|None||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Moss giant|