|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Always drops||• Blue dragonhide|
• Dragon bones
|A mother dragon.|
Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfireEdit
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level. However, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 215 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 190 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 352 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 420 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,112 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,915 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,574
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,075 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 185 Law rune 3 Uncommon 642
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Common 7 Grimy harralander 1 Common 539 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 16 Grimy tarromin 1 Common 121 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 2,416 Grimy irit leaf 1 Uncommon 1,064 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,714 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 1,942 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Uncommon 7,803 Grimy cadantine 1 Common 1,643 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 948
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,344 Bass 1 Uncommon 281 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 10,063 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 940 Loop half of key 1 Common 7,488 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,102 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 864 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,756 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 801 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 241 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,735 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,553 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,020 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,567 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,883 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,319 Rune javelin 5 Rare 555 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,700 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,420 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,605 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,864 Law rune 45 Rare 9,630 Death rune 45 Rare 10,440 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,202 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,210 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,155 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,382 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,292
Dragons and dragon-like races