|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Always drops||• Blue dragonhide|
• Dragon bones
|A mother dragon.|
Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict over 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfireEdit
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, reducing dragonfire damage significantly.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts. This method is strongly recommended as you can use prayer flicking to Protect from Melee, ultimately negating 100% of damage.
- An antifire potion + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high level Prayer. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option.
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs.
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level; however, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment. The entrance is near the north safespot where the dragons are.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
- Corsair Cove Dungeon (5) - requires completion of Dragon Slayer II
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 182 Mithril axe 1 Uncommon 228 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 297 Steel platelegs 1 Uncommon 384 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,087 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,862 Rune dagger 1 Rare 4,515
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75 Uncommon 375 Nature rune 15 Uncommon 3,465 Fire rune 37 Uncommon 222 Law rune 3 Uncommon 675
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Uncommon 11 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 16 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 124 Grimy harralander 1 Rare 614 Grimy ranarr weed 1 Rare 7,607 Grimy irit leaf 1 Rare 896 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 2,230 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 2,085 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 1,413 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 1,586 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 855
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11; 44; 132; 200; 440 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,195 Bass 1 Uncommon 237 Ensouled dragon head 1 Uncommon (1/50) 9,010 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold
Gem drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the gem drop table.
Show/hide gem drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 979 Uncut emerald 1 Rare 952 Uncut ruby 1 Rare 1,762 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 473 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,738 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 620 Loop half of key 1 Very rare 8,454 Tooth half of key 1 Very rare 15,814 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,116 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,548 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,585
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •