A canoe is a small boat that members can make to access faster transportation on the River Lum. Building canoes require the Woodcutting skill, and like other Woodcutting interactions, building the boat is faster with higher tier axes. At every canoe station there is an NPC to teach you how to make a canoe.
Canoes will stay on a station if left until you log out. Making a canoe at another station will clear any previously left canoes while teleporting does not.
There are 5 canoe stations where you can either travel to or from, provided that you have an axe which you have the required Woodcutting level to use in your inventory.
- Lumbridge, Barfy Bill is at this canoe station.
- Champion's guild, Tarquin is at this canoe station.
- Barbarian village, Sigurd is at this canoe station.
- Edgeville, Hari is at this canoe station.
- The wilderness, just south-east of the Lava Maze. There are no canoe trees here, so it is impossible to use a canoe to sail back down the river.
Types of canoesEdit
Four different kinds of canoes can be made:
|12||A Log||30||It will take you one stop along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|27||A Dugout||60||It can take you up to two stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|42||A Stable Dugout||90||It can take you up to the three stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|57||A Waka||150||Can take you four stops along the River Lum. The only canoe that can travel into the Wilderness|
- "Waka" is the Māori word for canoe, or vessel. This word can by interpretation mean a spiritual vessel, or plain transportation. Waka canoes are used in New Zealand predominately. Further, the Oldschool Runescape sprite resembles a waka canoe.