|Release date||27 August 2015 (Update)|
|A three-headed gigantic hound. Guardian of the River of Souls.|
Cerberus is a level 318 hellhound boss that is located in her lair, deep beneath the Taverley Dungeon in the cave entrance in the north-east part of the hellhound area which is found beyond the poisonous spiders. There are three identical lairs guarded by the Key Master. Players can choose whichever lair to fight Cerberus. Cerberus occasionally drops Key master teleports (1/64), which can be used to teleport to the area immediately; otherwise, players typically will get to Cerberus through the regular method of running from Taverley or Falador.
Cerberus requires both a Slayer level of 91 to kill and a Slayer task of Cerberus herself or hellhounds. In the event of the latter, Cerberus can be killed while under the effects of the wild pie, provided that it boosts the player's Slayer level to 91 or higher. It is the only monster to drop primordial, eternal and pegasian crystals, which can be attached to the Dragon boots, Infinity boots and Ranger boots respectively, providing best-in-slot boots for Melee (Primordial boots), Magic (Eternal boots), and Ranged (Pegasian boots). In addition, she is also able to drop a Smouldering stone, which when combined with a dragon axe, dragon pickaxe, or a dragon harpoon can add a "heat element" to the tools, allowing them become an infernal axe, infernal pickaxe or infernal harpoon, respectively.
If a player has recently fought the boss, a line of fire will spawn between the entrance and the boss; stepping over this will deal 5 damage each way. The line of fire seems to be bugged, as it will not despawn unless the challenger dies to Cerberus or goes back through the line of fire after it respawns. Cerberus will restore all of its health if there are no players in its lair (it only has an examine option when this happens).
A dwarf multicannon cannot be set up inside Cerberus' Lair; if attempted, you will receive the message: You cannot place the cannon here, it would melt.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 28
Unique drop tableEdit
There is a 1 in 128 chance of hitting the unique drop table. Below lists the effective drop rates of any specific item.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Primordial crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 19,981,258 Pegasian crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 85,230 Eternal crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 2,513,374 Smouldering stone 1 Rare (1/512) 872,785
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Lava battlestaff 1 Common 9,708 Battlestaff 6 (noted) Common 52,512 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,956 Rune halberd 1 Uncommon 37,978 Black d'hide body 1 Uncommon 7,642 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,748 Rune axe 1 Uncommon 7,354 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon 18,767 Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon 29,635 Rune platebody 1 Uncommon 38,696
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 300 (noted) Common 1,500 Fire rune 300 Common 1,500 Death rune 100 Common 24,200 Soul rune 100 Common 14,400 Blood rune 60 Uncommon 12,600 Runite bolts (unf) 40 Uncommon 14,240 Cannonball 50 Uncommon 8,050
Herbs, potions, and seedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super restore(4) 2 Common 17,668 Torstol seed 3 Uncommon 144,396 Grimy torstol 6 (noted) Uncommon 43,878
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coal 120 (noted) Common 21,480 Runite ore 5 (noted) Uncommon 56,695
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 10,000–20,000 Common Not sold Unholy symbol 1 Common 225 Summer pie 3 Common 2,046 Ashes 50 (noted) Common 1,400 Dragon bones 20 (noted) Common 48,680 Wine of zamorak 15 (noted) Common 29,790 Fire orb 20 (noted) Common 19,920 Uncut diamond 5 (noted) Common 16,975 Key master teleport 3 Uncommon (1/64) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Jar of souls 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 96,245 Hellpuppy 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,500 Tooth half of key 1 Common 19,897 Chaos talisman 1 Common 430 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 783 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 844 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,625 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 399 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,200 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,360 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 720 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,360 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,489 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,209 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,765 Death rune 45 Uncommon 10,890 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,518 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,956 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,553 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,400 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 19,270 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,395 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,223 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,183 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,069 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,324 Dragon spear 1 Rare 39,708
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed hellhound with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion's claws, guarding the entrance of the Greek underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering. This reflects the area around Cerberus as it guards the rivers that take souls to the Underworld and explains the very rare drop Jar of souls.
- Cerberus stands on a trapdoor as a reference to the book/film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, also known as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in some territories which explains the 4 stone/crystal drops.
- At one point, if a player had killed the last Cerberus of their task but also happened to die in the room, the player would be unable to recover their items as entering the boss chamber required the player to be on a hellhounds task. This was changed so that the player can enter the chamber, but simply be unable to attack the boss.
- Along with the said change, the summoned spirits it calls were also given weapons so that challengers could easily identify the combat style they would be using.
- Upon release, the summoned souls would continue attacking the player even if Cerberus died. This is no longer the case with the 16 March 2017 update.
- Cerberus is the only Slayer boss whose attacks are fully protected by protection prayers.
• • • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •