|Release date||27 August 2015 (Update)|
|A three-headed gigantic hound. Guardian of the River of Souls.|
Cerberus is a level 318 hellhound boss that is located in her lair, deep beneath the Taverley Dungeon in the cave entrance in the north-east part of the hellhound area which is found beyond the poisonous spiders. There are three identical lairs guarded by the Key Master. Players can choose whichever lair to fight Cerberus. Cerberus occasionally drops Key master teleports (1/64), which can be used to teleport to the area immediately; otherwise, players typically will get to Cerberus through the regular method of running from Taverley or Falador.
Cerberus requires both a Slayer level of 91 to kill and a Slayer task of Cerberus herself or hellhounds. In the event of the latter, Cerberus can be killed while under the effects of the wild pie, provided that it boosts the player's Slayer level to 91 or higher. It is the only monster to drop primordial, eternal and pegasian crystals, which can be attached to the Dragon boots, Infinity boots and Ranger boots respectively, providing best-in-slot boots for Melee (Primordial boots), Magic (Eternal boots), and Ranged (Pegasian boots). In addition, she is also able to drop a Smouldering stone, which when combined with a dragon axe, dragon pickaxe, or a dragon harpoon can add a "heat element" to the tools, allowing them become an infernal axe, infernal pickaxe or infernal harpoon, respectively.
If a player has recently fought the boss, a line of fire will spawn between the entrance and the boss; stepping over this will deal 5 damage each way. The line of fire seems to be bugged, as it will not despawn unless the challenger dies to Cerberus or goes back through the line of fire after it respawns. Cerberus will restore all of its health if there are no players in its lair (it only has an examine option when this happens).
A dwarf multicannon cannot be set up inside Cerberus' Lair; if attempted, you will receive the message: You cannot place the cannon here, it would melt.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 25
Unique drop tableEdit
There is a 1 in 128 chance of hitting the unique drop table. Below lists the effective drop rates of any specific item.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Primordial crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 20,458,355 Pegasian crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 83,856 Eternal crystal 1 Rare (1/512) 2,893,748 Smouldering stone 1 Rare (1/512) 1,513,576
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Lava battlestaff 1 Common 9,722 Battlestaff 6 (noted) Common 52,182 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,981 Rune halberd 1 Uncommon 37,919 Black d'hide body 1 Uncommon 7,425 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,760 Rune axe 1 Uncommon 7,343 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon 18,808 Rune chainbody 1 Uncommon 29,646 Rune platebody 1 Uncommon 38,643
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 300 (noted) Common 1,500 Fire rune 300 Common 1,500 Death rune 100 Common 22,400 Soul rune 100 Common 14,800 Blood rune 60 Uncommon 12,360 Runite bolts (unf) 40 Uncommon 10,800 Cannonball 50 Uncommon 8,700
Herbs, potions, and seedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super restore(4) 2 Common 18,762 Torstol seed 3 Uncommon 186,894 Grimy torstol 6 (noted) Uncommon 57,204
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coal 120 (noted) Common 19,440 Runite ore 5 (noted) Uncommon 56,645
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 10,000–20,000 Common Not sold Unholy symbol 1 Common 200 Summer pie 3 Common 1,971 Ashes 50 (noted) Common 1,250 Dragon bones 20 (noted) Common 45,540 Wine of zamorak 15 (noted) Common 28,905 Fire orb 20 (noted) Common 20,880 Uncut diamond 5 (noted) Common 15,830 Key master teleport 3 Uncommon (1/64) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Jar of souls 1 Very rare (1/2,000) 83,028 Hellpuppy 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 7,400 Tooth half of key 1 Common 18,133 Chaos talisman 1 Common 218 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 854 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 844 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,587 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 481 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,650 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,856 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 760 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,100 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,563 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,673 Law rune 45 Uncommon 10,170 Death rune 45 Uncommon 10,080 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,551 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,981 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,658 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,300 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 15,970 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,166 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,228 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,187 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,037 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,310 Dragon spear 1 Rare 39,482
- In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus is a multi-headed hellhound with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and a lion's claws, guarding the entrance of the Greek underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering. This reflects the area around Cerberus as it guards the rivers that take souls to the Underworld and explains the very rare drop Jar of souls.
- Cerberus stands on a trapdoor as a reference to the book/film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, also known as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in some territories which explains the 4 stone/crystal drops.
- At one point, if a player had killed the last Cerberus of their task but also happened to die in the room, the player would be unable to recover their items as entering the boss chamber required the player to be on a hellhounds task. This was changed so that the player can enter the chamber, but simply be unable to attack the boss.
- Along with the said change, the summoned spirits it calls were also given weapons so that challengers could easily identify the combat style they would be using.
- Upon release, the summoned souls would continue attacking the player even if Cerberus died. This is no longer the case with the 16 March 2017 update.
- Cerberus is the only Slayer boss whose attacks are fully protected by protection prayers.
• • • • • •
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||
• • • • • • •
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves||
• • •
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)||
• • • •
|Stronghold Slayer Cave||
|Catacombs of Kourend||
• • • • • • •
• • •