|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately for players with the hard wilderness diary complete and a POH obelisk, you can select level 44 wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 54
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak monk top 1 Uncommon  961 Zamorak monk bottom 1 Uncommon  1,938 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 42,175 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,914 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 27,333 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,594 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 91,650
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 1,230 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,500 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 15,050
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 6,116
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,888 Monkfish 3 Common 1,584 Shark 1 Common 993 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,870
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,908 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,568 Chaos talisman 1 Common 459 Nature talisman 1 Common 474 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,000 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 21,740 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,385 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 37,384 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 121,624 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 543,836 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 214,212 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 8,331 Tooth half of key 1 Common 15,793 Chaos talisman 1 Common 459 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 977 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 928 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,788 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 474 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 6,900 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,150 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 635 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,180 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,451 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,946 Law rune 45 Uncommon 10,125 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,835 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,555 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,841 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,605 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,800 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,726 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,746 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,354 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,187 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,050 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,564 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,686
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards