|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monster including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 53
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 757 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,598 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 43,575 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,195 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 26,583 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,252 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 78,432
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 600 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 16,800 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 10,400
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 7,444
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,544 Monkfish 3 Common 1,128 Shark 1 Common 719 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 8,035
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 113,744 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,184 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,094 Chaos talisman 1 Common 430 Nature talisman 1 Common 402 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,250 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 18,140 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 33,328 Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon  2,301 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 321,884 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 88,543 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318 (unless on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia); tertiary drop
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 10,069 Tooth half of key 1 Common 20,483 Chaos talisman 1 Common 430 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 796 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 849 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,630 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 402 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,350 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,276 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 730 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,340 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,539 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 15,008 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,810 Death rune 45 Uncommon 10,800 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,551 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,897 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,613 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,300 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 19,129 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,328 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,205 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,327 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,082 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,227 Dragon spear 1 Rare 45,639
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards