|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there. Alternately for players with the hard wilderness diary complete and a POH obelisk, you can select level 44 wilderness teleport.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 61
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak monk top 1 Uncommon  957 Zamorak monk bottom 1 Uncommon  1,831 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 41,215 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,936 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 26,677 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,633 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 79,199
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 1,440 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,500 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 18,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 6,300
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 5,056 Monkfish 3 Common 1,551 Shark 1 Common 909 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,954
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,880 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,526 Chaos talisman 1 Common 857 Nature talisman 1 Common 1,342 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,000 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 21,580 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,021 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 37,721 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 145,088 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 423,855 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 265,433 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,183 Tooth half of key 1 Common 13,691 Chaos talisman 1 Common 857 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 970 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 921 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,736 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 1,342 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 6,300 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 4,074 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 755 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,460 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,435 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 17,018 Law rune 45 Uncommon 11,385 Death rune 45 Uncommon 12,825 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,536 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,873 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,599 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 8,100 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,943 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,769 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,158 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,154 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,040 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,395 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,187
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards