|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monster including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 70
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 1,060 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,060 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 44,625 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,010 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 26,533 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,593 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 74,360
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 570 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 11,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 7,824
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 7,000 Monkfish 3 Common 1,443 Shark 1 Common 1,195 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,896
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 107,542 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,648 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,082 Chaos talisman 1 Common 227 Nature talisman 1 Common 667 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 19,920 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 31,277 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon  3,119 Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 190,707 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 71,697 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318 (unless on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia); tertiary drop
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 912 Loop half of key 1 Common 7,913 Tooth half of key 1 Common 17,210 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 847 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,698 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 667 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 227 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,802 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,584 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,062 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,543 Rune 2h sword 1 Rare 37,923 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,392 Rune javelin 5 Rare 540 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 7,700 Adamant javelin 20 Rare 1,400 Rune sq shield 1 Rare 22,568 Steel arrow 150 Rare 5,100 Rune arrow 42 Rare 3,654 Law rune 45 Rare 9,315 Death rune 45 Rare 10,665 Dragonstone 1 Rare 15,250 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,169 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,156 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,198 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,553
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards