|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monster including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 56
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 957 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,833 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 43,425 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,121 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 28,441 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,829 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 80,754
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 630 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,675 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 10,950
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 8,240
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 6,208 Monkfish 3 Common 1,356 Shark 1 Common 961 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,955
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 122,598 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,628 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,904 Chaos talisman 1 Common 260 Nature talisman 1 Common 537 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 17,890 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 37,603 Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon  2,749 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 227,979 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 71,430 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318 (unless on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia); tertiary drop
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 8,333 Tooth half of key 1 Common 19,101 Chaos talisman 1 Common 260 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 907 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 984 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,735 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 537 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 5,250 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,948 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 540 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 880 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,560 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,869 Law rune 45 Uncommon 10,395 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,160 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,547 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,925 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,579 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,800 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 17,435 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,838 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,331 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,183 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,051 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,459 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,214
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards