|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monsters (including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil) to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Devilish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 75
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon  692 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon  1,263 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 43,025 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 1,969 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 29,531 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,634 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 84,042
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 1,410 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,500 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 17,150 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 11,500
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 6,836
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,704 Monkfish 3 Common 1,188 Shark 1 Common 635 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,488 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 4,596 Chaos talisman 1 Common 201 Nature talisman 1 Common 662 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,250 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 27,380 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,434 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5) 123,940 Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 37,491 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 612,435 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 137,412 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Chaos Fanatic on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 6,200 Tooth half of key 1 Common 14,923 Chaos talisman 1 Common 201 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 872 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 766 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,545 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 662 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 5,700 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,108 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 730 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,080 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,374 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 12,730 Law rune 45 Uncommon 8,820 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,025 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,635 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 38,010 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,581 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,700 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,901 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,402 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,262 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,239 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,122 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,656 Dragon spear 1 Rare 36,802
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards