|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Someone should get out of the lab once in a while…|
The Chaos Fanatic is an insane mage that resides west of the Lava Maze. He is surrounded by unattackable Miniature chaotic clouds, which serve as scenery. He drops one of three shards required to forge Odium wards and Malediction wards. He has a special attack where he uses a green magical attack that explodes and can deal high damage, similar to the Crazy Archaeologist's explosive book attack.
Players must run away from them to avoid damage.He is also able to disarm players, much like how the Chaos Elemental does. He is also one of the only monster including mummies, Vet'ion and the thermonuclear smoke devil to drop the ancient staff.
The fastest way to get there is by casting Ghorrock Teleport or using its magic tablet equivalent. Alternatively, a burning amulet can teleport players to the entrance of the Lava Maze; run west from there.
One quote is said every time the Chaos Fanatic attacks the player.
- "Develish Oxen Roll!"
- "All your wilderness are belong to them!"
- "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!"
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 54
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Zamorak robe (top) 1 Uncommon 860 Zamorak robe (bottom) 1 Uncommon 1,831 Battlestaff 5 (noted) Uncommon 43,555 Ring of life 1 Uncommon 2,059 Splitbark body 1 Uncommon 26,827 Splitbark legs 1 Uncommon 23,491 Ancient staff 1 Rare (1/128) 88,249
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Smoke rune 30 Common 600 Fire rune 250 Uncommon 1,250 Chaos rune 175 Uncommon 16,975 Blood rune 50 Uncommon 10,700
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy lantadyme 4 (noted) Uncommon 6,628
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,824 Monkfish 3 Common 1,437 Shark 1 Common 825 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 8,763
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600–4,000 Common Not sold Mysterious emblem 1 Common (1/5) 123,748 Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common 3,212 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common 5,388 Chaos talisman 1 Common 461 Nature talisman 1 Common 333 Pure essence 250 (noted) Common 1,500 Wine of zamorak 10 (noted) Common 16,100 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Sinister key 1 Uncommon (1/32) 33,000 Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon  2,225 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128) Not sold Odium shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 281,979 Malediction shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 83,864 Pet chaos elemental 1 Very rare (1/1,000) Not sold
- ↑ Only dropped while on World 318 (unless on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia); tertiary drop
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 8,872 Tooth half of key 1 Common 20,321 Chaos talisman 1 Common 461 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 803 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 898 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,632 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 333 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,650 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,360 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 600 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,260 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,482 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,472 Law rune 45 Uncommon 9,945 Death rune 45 Uncommon 11,070 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,634 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,974 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,669 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,300 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 20,306 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,637 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,798 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,233 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,958 Shield left half 1 Rare 66,625 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,345
- The Chaos Fanatic's animation (apart from attacking) is similar to Dr Harlow before he is sober.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "I shall call him squidgy and he shall be my squidgy!" Is a reference to the Disney movie Finding Nemo.
- The Chaos Fanatic's quote, "All your wilderness are belong to them!" is a reference to a popular catchphrase in the early 2000's, "All your base are belong to us," which originated in the 1989 game Zero Wing and made it into many games in some form, including Warcraft III, Civilization III, Halo, Guild Wars, Neopets, Rome: Total War, Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
Wilderness bosses and rewards