|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Respawn time||1 second|
|Examine||A rocky outcrop.|
Clay rocks are a material that players can obtain with level 1 Mining, to gain 5 Mining experience points. Clay is not recommended to train Mining as copper and tin give more experience. Clay is often used as a money making way for free players (e.g. giving 132gp each rock, making it 3696gp (~3.7k) an inventory if sold at said price). One full inventory of clay takes 56 seconds minimum. That is a very good way to make money, but sometimes, clay takes a long time to sell because of the amount of clay miners. Clay is also used to make Soft clay which is used in Crafting. To make soft clay, players will need to wet a piece of clay, use the clay ore on a liquid holder, such as a jug of water or a bucket of water. Also, mining the clay rock whilst wearing a Bracelet of clay yields soft clay. Additionally, the Humidify spell works on clay too. Some people make money by buying clay, making it into soft clay, and then selling the soft clay.
- Crafting Guild - 6 rocks
- Dwarven Mine - 5 rocks
- West Varrock Mine (bank at Varrock West Bank) - 3 rocks
- Rimmington Mine - 3 rocks
- Grand Tree Mine - 15 rocks
- Fight Arena Mine (bank at the Port Khazard deposit box or Yanille) - 4 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 4 rocks
- Rellekka Mine - 4 rocks
- Piscatoris Mine - 2 rocks
- Eagles' eyrie mine - 10 rocks (by Necklace of passage teleport spot)
- If a player uses water on clay, soft clay is created. This is used to make pottery in Crafting, furniture in Construction, and Magic tablets.
- If a bracelet of clay is worn while mining, soft clay is mined instead of clay for 28 uses per bracelet.
- Clay is the fastest respawning rock as it respawns in just one second.
|Mining rocks and sources|
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • • •
or) •• • • • • • • (