|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|When academics go bad...|
Bellock, the crazed archaeologist is an insane individual and demi-boss who resides in the ruins south of The Forgotten Cemetery. He uses Ranged and Melee attacks and can perform a special attack where he throws explosive books that explode in a 3x3 area.
It is recommended to use Magic armour with the Trident of the seas while praying range and avoiding his special attack of explosive books as soon as he says, "Rain of knowledge!" The best way to avoid it is by keeping a considerable distance, and running towards him until you are two squares away from it (this way, you will avoid Melee damage), and repeating the same steps over and over, you will minimize the chance of receiving damage.
The fastest way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. Alternatively a burning amulet can be used to teleport to bandit camp and run to the ruins.
One quote is said every time Bellock attacks the player.
- "I'm Bellock - respect me!"
- "Get off my site!"
- "No-one messes with Bellock's dig!"
- "These ruins are mine!"
- "Taste my knowledge!"
- "You belong in a museum!"
- "Rain of knowledge!" - when using special attack
- "Ow!" - upon death
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 51
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Amulet of power 1 Common 2,243 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 6,343 Rune knife 10 Uncommon 4,720 Rune crossbow 2 Uncommon (5/128) 20,150
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy dwarf weed 4 (noted) Common 4,012
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Shark 1 Common 907 Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,680 Potato with cheese 3 Common 1,359 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 10,415
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 522–4,000 Common Not sold Silver ore 40 (noted) Common 3,200 Rusty sword 1 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common [A 1] 4,020 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common [A 1] 5,886 Cannonball 150 Uncommon 30,900 Muddy key 1 Uncommon 3,005 Red dragonhide 10 (noted) Uncommon 24,520 White berries 10 (noted) Uncommon 5,490 Onyx bolt tips 12 Uncommon 99,588 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30)[A 2] 1,054 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5)[A 3] 137,251 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128)[A 4] Not sold Fedora 1 Rare (1/128) 8,047 Odium shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 892,567 Malediction shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 488,024
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Uncut sapphire drops with uncut emeralds
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Crazy archaeologist on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,297 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 13,732 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 1,005 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,418 Nature talisman 1 Very rare 979 Nature rune 67 Very rare 16,348 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,936 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,567 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 981 Law rune 45 Very rare 12,555 Death rune 45 Very rare 11,790 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 5,400 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,948 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,280 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,605 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,831 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 8,000 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,889 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,210 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,270 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,042 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,436 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,207 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,678 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 715
- The name "Bellock" is a reference to Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The phrase "You belong in a museum!" is another reference to Indiana Jones.
- The crazy archaeologist is the only Wilderness boss which does not drop a pet.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. August 25 2015. Mod Ash: "NPCs' magic defence is calculated off their Magic level, not their Defence level, and his is negligible."
Wilderness bosses and rewards