|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|When academics go bad...|
Bellock, the crazed archaeologist is an insane individual and demi-boss who resides in the ruins south of The Forgotten Cemetery. He uses Ranged and Melee attacks and can perform a special attack where he throws explosive books that explode in a 3x3 area.
It is recommended to use Magic armour with the Trident of the seas while praying range and avoiding his special attack of explosive books as soon as he says, "Rain of knowledge!" The best way to avoid it is by keeping a considerable distance, and running towards him until you are two squares away from it (this way, you will avoid Melee damage), and repeating the same steps over and over, you will minimize the chance of receiving damage.
The fastest way to get there is by using the spell Dareeyak Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook with 78 Magic or a Dareeyak teleport tablet. Alternatively a burning amulet can be used to teleport to bandit camp and run to the ruins.
One quote is said every time Bellock attacks the player.
- "I'm Bellock - respect me!"
- "Get off my site!"
- "No-one messes with Bellock's dig!"
- "These ruins are mine!"
- "Taste my knowledge!"
- "You belong in a museum!"
- "Rain of knowledge!" - when using special attack
- "Ow!" - upon death
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 48
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Amulet of power 1 Common 2,282 Red d'hide body 1 Uncommon 6,336 Rune knife 10 Uncommon 4,580 Rune crossbow 2 Uncommon (5/128) 19,704
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy dwarf weed 4 (noted) Common 2,928
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Shark 1 Common 1,143 Anchovy pizza 8 (noted) Common 4,184 Potato with cheese 3 Common 1,200 Prayer potion(4) 1 Common 9,445
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 522–4,000 Common Not sold Silver ore 40 (noted) Common 3,360 Rusty sword 1 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 4 (noted) Common [A 1] 3,588 Uncut emerald 6 (noted) Common [A 1] 4,740 Cannonball 150 Uncommon 32,250 Muddy key 1 Uncommon 3,463 Red dragonhide 10 (noted) Uncommon 23,900 White berries 10 (noted) Uncommon 9,280 Onyx bolt tips 12 Uncommon 100,680 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30)[A 2] 1,629 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/42.5)[A 3] 149,738 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare (1/128)[A 4] Not sold Fedora 1 Rare (1/128) 4,779 Odium shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 835,435 Malediction shard 2 1 Rare (1/256)[A 5] 376,629
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Uncut sapphire drops with uncut emeralds
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing the Crazy archaeologist on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/42.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The drop rate is 1/256 for a specific shard, or 1/128 for any shard.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 8,199 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 15,179 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 897 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,452 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 12,663 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,962 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,586 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 790 Law rune 45 Very rare 8,595 Death rune 45 Very rare 10,440 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 6,150 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,486 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,140 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,581 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,801 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 8,400 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,742 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,174 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 58,314 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,097 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,916 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 38,291 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,823 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 695
- The name "Bellock" is a reference to Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The phrase "You belong in a museum!" is another reference to Indiana Jones.
- The crazy archaeologist is the only Wilderness boss which does not drop a pet.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. August 25 2015. Mod Ash: "NPCs' magic defence is calculated off their Magic level, not their Defence level, and his is negligible."
Wilderness bosses and rewards