|Release date||11 June 2007 (Update)|
| Mysteriously flattened wheat. |
Suspiciously flattened wheat.
Crop circles can be found in some wheat fields and are created when an imp appears and starts walking around in a circle within the wheat field. Most are temporary, appearing for around 30 minutes and then disappearing. The sole permanent crop circle can be found in Zanaris. Crop circles provide the means for Hunters with a level 17 or higher to teleport to Puro-Puro for the minigame Impetuous Impulses.
When a player nears an active crop circle, the game music changes to a variation of "Impetuous". The actual notation of unlocking the song will not be reflected on the music interface until the player actually travels to Puro-Puro.
Also, it should be noted that the wheat field that contained the crop circle with which you entered Puro-Puro, will also be the wheat field that you will be teleported back to when you leave Puro-Puro. This will happen even if the crop circle has disappeared.
Sister Crop Circle Locations
- Varrock - Small enclosed wheat patch south-west of the Grand Exchange and directly north of the Cooks' Guild.
- Draynor Village - Large enclosed wheat field north-east of Draynor Village bank.
- Yanille - Small open wheat patch north-west of the Wizards' Guild, inside the city, by the hops patch.
- Rimmington - Small enclosed wheat patch east of Rimmington.
- Lumbridge - Small enclosed wheat field north-west of Lumbridge, in the western wheat-field.
- Ardougne - Large enclosed wheat patch north of Ardougne market.
- Taverley - Small enclosed wheat patch east of the Taverley gate, south of Doric's hut.
- Crop circles refer to the belief that aliens leave crop circles when they land in crop fields.
- There is also a belief that a crop circle is an ancient language used by aliens.
- When a crop circle disappears, an impling may try to get through it before it leaves. If it doesn't make it, it will shout "Impulus impling brothers!"
• • • • • • • • • •
• • •
Puro-Puro • Crop circle