|Release date||5 March 2015 (Update)|
|High Alch||167,400 coins|
|Low Alch||111,600 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|A nice sturdy pike.|
In order to obtain a crystal halberd, one must have completed the Hard Western Provinces Diary, and then Islwyn will offer to sell you a "new" crystal halberd for 750,000 coins, or you can take a crystal seed to Ilfeen to be recharged at a discounted price into a "full" crystal halberd.
The crystal halberd is frequently used for its special attack, which can be highly damaging against large monsters. It also works on Corporeal Beast without getting the damage reduction that all non-spear weapons receive, as halberds are classified as spears against it. While bested by Dragon dagger and Dragon claws special attacks against other monsters, the crystal halberd is still popular for this purpose.
|Hover over image for type|
A player wielding a crystal halberd
|Swipe||Slash||Strength and Hitpoints|
|Fend||Stab||Defence and Hitpoints|
The Crystal halberd shares the same special attack as the dragon halberd, consuming 30% of the player's special attack energy. In addition to a 10% damage boost, if used against "large" monsters (anything that is larger than 1x1, such as General Graardor), the special attack will deal an additional second hit onto them, although with 25% reduced accuracy. It can also hit multiple adjacent enemies in a multi-combat area.
The crystal halberd degrades over time. After 250 hits, it degrades into a "Crystal halberd 9/10", and thereafter for every 250 hits, it will degrade another 1/10th, until it reverts into a crystal seed after a total of 2,500 hits, and must be recharged before it can be used again. If the special attack is used and it hits an opponent twice or multiple opponents, it will be considered one hit in regards to degradation. As the halberd degrades, the negative Magic attack bonus and the defence bonuses remain the same while the positive attack bonuses decrease as shown below.
The crystal halberd can be imbued for 2,000 Nightmare Zone points per charge, requiring 20,000 points to imbue a fully charged halberd. Imbuing the crystal halberd does not keep it from degrading, however its stats will remain at their maximum, regardless of how much it has degraded. When the halberd reverts back to a crystal seed, it will lose its imbue, and players must imbue it again using points from the Nightmare Zone. Additionally, imbuing a crystal halberd that has already degraded to 9/10 or below will restore the halberd's stats to their maximum.
Initially, Ilfeen charges 750,000 coins to re-enchant a crystal seed into a crystal halberd. However, the price is decreased by 150,000 coins each time Ilfeen re-enchants a seed for a player, in the following manner, until reaching the minimum recharge cost of 150,000 coins:
|Enchantment||Cost for re-enchantment|
|Fifth and thereafter||150,000|
The amount that Ilfeen charges is dependent on the number of crystal seeds she has re-enchanted, not the number of crystal halberds she has recharged. For example, a player who pays Ilfeen 900,000 coins to re-enchant a crystal seed into a crystal bow will only have to pay her 600,000 coins to recharge a seed into a crystal halberd.
- It is one of the few equipment that requires three differing skills to wield (Agility, Attack, Strength), as well as having several skill requirements, including level 100 combat, to obtain from the Achievement Diary. This makes it one of the most difficult to obtain weapons in the game.
- Upon release, the weapon was extremely bugged, rendering it almost useless. The combat interface displayed unarmed options (punch, kick, block). However, when you attacked an NPC or player, the message "Unrecognised ranged weapon" was displayed. This was fixed a week later.
- Previously, the right click uncharge option would give the message "Nothing interesting happens." This option should enable the player to remove the weapon's imbued status, however it did not. This was fixed in an update on 19 May 2016.
- The Crystal halberd did not originally have a special attack, this was later polled before adding into the game.
- Previously, the crystal halberd did not decrease in price when re-enchanting the crystal seed multiple times, requiring 750,000 coins for every new crystal halberd when buying one from Ilfeen. This was changed in an update on 25 June 2015.
or)• • • • • • • • • (
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • •
Agrith-Naar • Agrith-Na-Na • Arrg • Barrelchest • Black demon • Black Knight Titan • Bouncer • Chronozon • Corrupt Lizardman • Corsair Traitor • Count Draynor • Culinaromancer • Dad • Dagannoth mother • Damis • Dessourt • Dessous • Elvarg • The Everlasting • Evil Chicken • Fareed • Flambeed • Gelatinnoth Mother • Giant Roc • Giant scarab • Glod • Ice Troll King • The Inadequacy • Jungle Demon • Kamil • Karamel • The Kendal • Khazard warlord • King Roald • Me • Moss giant • Nazastarool • Nezikchened • Sand Snake • Skeleton Hellhound • Slagilith • Tanglefoot • Tree spirit • Treus Dayth • The Untouchable • Witch's experiment