|Start point||Talk to the Mysterious ghost (Valdez) near Glarial's Tomb.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Warning: This miniquest will take people into dangerous parts of the Wilderness. Beware of player killers and that you cannot teleport after level 20 Wilderness without an Amulet of glory or Slayer ring, with which you may teleport until level 30.
Note: It is possible to receive extra pieces of the Ghostly set by using the drop trick.
Valdez the Explorer
Wearing your ring of visibility and your ghostspeak amulet, go to Glarial's Tomb (not the waterfall cave) north-west of the Fishing Guild. The ghost is standing outside the tomb entrance. Note he will not appear as a dot on the minimap and his transparency makes him a bit tough to spot.
When you speak to him, he will introduce himself and relate his part of the story. He will then give you a Ghostly robe (top) and request you to find another ghost named Rennard, along with a hint on how to find him. Pay attention to the hint given, as it indicates the sequence necessary to complete the quest:
- If he mentions pirates and a shipwreck, Sequence 1 must be followed for the entirety of the quest.
- If he mentions the thief being northeast of there, Sequence 2 must be followed for the entirety of the quest.
- If he mentions the thief being southeast of there, Sequence 3 must be followed for the entirety of the quest.
One must visit the ghosts in the correct order. Additionally, all of the Mysterious ghosts in this quest appear at all three of their possible locations, but the player will not be able to progress further in the quest until the ghost is spoken to at the correct location.
- Rennard can be found near the shipwrecked ship between the Wilderness Agility Course and Pirates' Hideout in level 52 Wilderness. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly gloves.
- Kharrim can be found at the Chaos Temple (hut) altar in Level 38 Wilderness north of The Forgotten Cemetery. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly boots.
- Lennissa can be found at the church on Entrana. (Bring a Ghostspeak amulet if using Morytania legs 2 or higher, as they are not allowed on the island). Once spoken to, she will give the Ghostly robe (bottom).
- Dhalak can be found at the Wizards' Tower ground floor. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly hood.
- Viggora can be found upstairs at the Rogues' Castle in level 52-56 Wilderness, in the small easternmost room with a Bronze sq shield spawn (beware of the Chaos Elemental and PKers). Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly cloak.
- Rennard can be found at the Bandit Camp (Wilderness) near the shops. If you are having trouble speaking to him without getting attacked by the bandits, you can try to lure them into the nearby food store and shut the door. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly gloves.
- Kharrim can be found at the Graveyard of Shadows (Carrallangar). It may take a while to get your conversation finished. because the zombies and ghosts will be aggressive and will interrupt your conversation. He will give the Ghostly boots.
- Lennissa can be found at the Port Sarim docks at the Lady Lumbridge. Once spoken to, she will give the Ghostly robe (bottom).
- Dhalak can be found at the Edgeville Monastery, upstairs by the altar (level 31 Prayer required). Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly hood.
- Viggora can be found at the Slayer Tower in Canifis, on the 1st floor[ near the southeast stairwell by the entrance to the ]Infernal Mages. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly cloak.
(Recommended items: Falador teleport tabs or runes, Amulet of glory for teleporting to Al Kharid and Edgeville, Burning amulet for teleporting to the Lava Maze, 200 coins for a carpet ride, slash weapon for Lava Maze)
- Rennard can be found in the Bandit Camp (Kharidian Desert) in the bar on the western side of the camp. Note that players training here may be standing on the NPC. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly gloves.
- Kharrim can be found at the end of the Lava Maze inside the second fenced in area. Bring a slash weapon or knife to cut through the webs. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly boots.
- Lennissa can be found at the Tree Gnome Stronghold, just outside the Gnome Ball Field on the southern side (near the staircase). Once spoken to, she will give the Ghostly robe (bottom).
- Dhalak can be found at the Falador Party Room, upstairs on the eastern side. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly hood.
- Viggora can be found in the Edgeville Dungeon near the earth warriors in the northernmost room. The earth warriors can be rather annoying, but with some luck, you can trap them behind the ghost with you on the other side; you must talk to Viggora as soon as this happens and click through the first dialogue window to make this effect permanent for the whole chat. Once spoken to, he will give the Ghostly cloak.
- If you speak to any of the ghosts without a ghostspeak amulet, your character may say "All your base are belong to us", as well as some other quotes. These are references to famous translation errors in the game Zero Wing.
- When speaking to Rennard, your player says "I ain't scared of no ghost," a reference to "I ain't afraid of no ghost" from the Ghostbusters theme song.
- If you are level 99 Magic while talking to Dhalak, he will ask if you are the "mighty sorcerer that binds him". Your character will respond by bragging about said skill mastery.
- Morytania legs 2 or higher acts as a ghostspeak amulet when worn; with a later update, these items now work during this miniquest. Note that you cannot take these to Entrana.
- When speaking to Valdez, he asks if you can perform one, small favour for him. If your character has completed One Small Favour, you will respond that you can't make any promises, but you will if it isn't anything too annoying.