Death is a non-player character who appears at a player's death during Hallowe'en events. When he appears, he proclaims a random phrase (a list of which can be seen below). According to Mod Ash, Death is an aspect of the Grim Reaper, and is merely a visual representation of the "inconceivable reality".
He is removed at the end of each holiday event.
Other phrases said by Death
- Let me escort you to (respawn point), (player name)...
- (PLAYER NAME) is mine!
- Now is the time you die, (player name).
- There is no escape, (player name)...
- Beware Mortals. (player name) travels with me now.
- I claim (player name) as my own.
- Your time here is over, (player name).
- I have come for you, (player name)!
- His examine text, "Don't fear the Reaper", is a reference to the Blue Öyster Cult's song, "(Don't Fear) The Reaper."
- A possibility is that Death is a lesser reaper, or that "Death" is a generic term for all lesser reapers (explaining why multiple Deaths can appear at once).