|Release date||17 March 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||108 coins|
|Low Alch||72 coins|
|Store price||220 coins|
|Exchange price||244 coins (info)|
|Used for medium level missile spells.|
Death runes are one of the runes used to cast spells in the Magic skill. They are required to cast medium-level missile spells. Members with 65 Runecrafting and who have completed Mourning's Ends Part II can craft death runes at the death altar by using pure essence on it, with each essence yielding one death rune. Each death rune yields 10 runecrafting experience. Players with 99 Runecrafting will always craft two death runes per essence.
Several monsters, such as ankous, nechryaels, and dark beasts, commonly drop death runes. Death runes can also be bought from all Magic shops with a stock of 250, except for the shop on Ape Atoll. They can be found in the Barrows Chest with at least 631 rewards potential.
Death runes can also be dropped by any monster which has access to the rare drop table.
Spells requiring Death rune Edit
The spells that require death rune to cast are shown below.
- Wind Blast
- Water Blast
- Iban Blast
- Magic Dart
- Earth Blast
- Fire Blast
- Tele Block
- Teleport to Bounty Target
- Vengeance Other
- Trident of the seas/swamp
- All damaging Ancient Magicks spells
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Infernal Mage 66 7 Brine rat 70 7 Ankou 75 10; 11 Nechryael 115 5–10 Dark beast 182 20 King Black Dragon 276 7–45 K'ril Tsutsaroth 650 120–124 Rare drop table Varies 45 Fire elemental 35 1 Lesser demon 82 3 Greater demon 92 5 Obor 106 49–77 Skeletal Wyvern 140 40 Chaos Elemental 305 125 Kraken 291 150 Kalphite Queen 333 175 Abyssal Sire 350 200–300 Zulrah 725 300 Moss giant 42 2 Ice giant 53 2–4 Hill giant 28 2 Iron dragon 189 15
- A cat can be given to a civilian in West Ardougne in exchange for 100 death runes (200 with Ardougne's easy diary completed). Kittens and Lazy cats will not work. An Overgrown Cat is fine.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 3 Mar 2016. Mod Kieren: "You guys wanted info on Barrows loot, here it is... Full size:  Explained the best I can!"
• • • • • • • • • • •