|Release date||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|He's seen things that people wouldn't believe.|
He's exactly the same as the Crazy archaeologist in terms of combat and attack - he throws books as a ranged attack, and punches and kicks nearby players. As his special attack, it's fairly the same, except he yells "Learn to Read!", and that the orange books deal much more damage.If he is fighting a player, but cannot attack them (either due to safespotting or he cannot "see" them), it will prompt him to yell "No hiding!", causing the player to take heavy damage.
- "Round and round and round and round!"
- "The plants! They're alive!"
- "They came from the ground! They came from the ground!!!"
- "Learn to Read!"
- "The doors won't stay closed forever!"
- "They're cheering! Why are they cheering?"
- "Time is running out! She will rise again!"
- "No hiding!"
- "Oh!" (death)
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 61
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Black d'hide body 1 Common 7,517 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,873 Rune sword 1 Uncommon 12,170 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 8,266 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,158
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 100; 200 Common 500–1,000 Mud rune 40 Common 8,400 Rune knife 25 Uncommon 12,025 Dragon arrow 60 Uncommon 76,440
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Plain pizza 1 Common 481 Anchovy pizza 2 Common 1,174 Prayer potion(3) 1 Common 7,402 Shark 2 Uncommon 1,818 Potato with cheese 3 Uncommon 1,428
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Crystal key 1 Uncommon 23,562 Runite limbs 1 Uncommon 9,347 White berries 10 (noted) Uncommon 7,160 Cannonball 80 Uncommon 16,480 Black dragonhide 8 (noted) Uncommon 24,720 Grimy dwarf weed 4 (noted) Uncommon 4,220 Gold ore 10 (noted) Uncommon 3,490 Onyx bolt tips 6 Rare 50,442 Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Numulite 5–115 Common (108/175=62%) 205–4,715 Unidentified small fossil 1 Uncommon (6/175=3.4%) Not sold Unidentified medium fossil 1 Uncommon (3/175=1.7%) Not sold Unidentified large fossil 1 Uncommon (12/875=1.37%) Not sold Unidentified rare fossil 1 Rare (3/875=0.34%) Not sold
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,183 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 13,691 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 970 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,435 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 17,018 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,873 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,536 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 921 Law rune 45 Very rare 11,385 Death rune 45 Very rare 12,825 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 6,300 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 4,074 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,360 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,599 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,943 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 8,100 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,736 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,154 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,158 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,040 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,395 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,187 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,769 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 755
- Upon release, the Deranged Archaeologist dropped uncharged amulet of glories at an uncommon rate. As the amulet of glory is one of the most coveted ironman items (which had high requirements - either 83 Hunter to catch dragon implings, or 80 Crafting to create), this caused player complaints about making it far too easy to obtain. This was changed and now he drops crystal keys instead.
- Upon release, the Deranged Archaeologist could be safespotted. To counter this, Jagex added an attack (indicated by him shouting No hiding!), allowing him to damage players if he cannot attack them.
- The examine text is a reference to the "Tears in Rain" monologue from the 1982 Ridley Scott film Blade Runner.