Enoch is an NPC located near the blood altar.
Players who speak to him will learn that the river came to be by the dead warriors of Great Kourend, and that the altar drew the blood towards it.
- Enoch: I see the river foaming which much blood.
- Player: Where does the blood come from?
- Enoch: Throughout the generations, countless people of this land have perished in times of strife, with their bodies left to rot where they fell.
- Enoch: Some were slain by the deadly creatures that roam the land; others perished at the hands of their fellow citizens during the wars between the houses.
- Enoch: Their blood flowed into the soil, pooling and percolating unseen in the dark, as the power of the Altar drew it to this sacred place to form the River.
- Player: Why are you here?
- Enoch: The blood is the blood of Kourend's citizens. It is fitting that we honour their memory.
- Enoch: Also, it smells so good.
- Player: I'll leave you to enjoy the view.
- Enoch is a reference to the British politician Enoch Powell known for his famous Rivers of Blood speech.
Inhabitants of Great Kourend