Fruit trees are fruit bearing trees that can be grown using the Farming skill, although some also grow naturally on tropical islands such as Karamja. The necessary seeds to grow them must be obtained from bird's nests or other sources, added to a plant pot filled with dirt, watered, and then planted in a fruit tree patch. Level 27 Farming is needed to start planting apple trees, the lowest requirement to grow a fruit tree, and level 68 Farming is needed for palm trees, the highest requirement to grow a fruit tree. Sources of seeds may be found in the Farming skill guide.
Fully-grown fruit trees will bear fruit which can be picked by players. Fruits have various uses, including being a common ingredient in Gnome cooking as well as an ingredient in a few other items which players can make using the Cooking skill. Some fruits are also used as ingredients in potions made using the Herblore skill.
Growing a healthy fruit tree is required for various achievement diaries.
Apple tree seed
|6×160 mins||22||1199.5||8.5||1272.5||Cooking ingredient|
Banana tree seed
Orange tree seed
|6×160 mins||35.5||2470.2||13.5||2586.7||Cooking ingredient|
Curry tree seed
|6×160 mins||40||2906.9||15||3036.9||Curry ingredient|
|6×160 mins||57||4605.7||21.5||4791.7||Cooking ingredient|
Papaya tree seed
|6×160 mins||72||6146.4||27||6380.4||Used to make Super compost|
Palm tree seed
|6×160 mins||110.5||10150.1||41.5||10509.6||Making high-level potion|
Locations and optimal methods of travelsEdit
Full list of all patches and closest teleports can be found here.
Note: Remember that many of these methods of travels have various requirements so do click on their links to know more about the requirements and additional useful information.
- Gnome Stronghold: East of Spirit Tree
- North west of Tree Gnome Village: outside of the maze
- Fastest way: Spirit tree teleport to Tree Gnome Village and talk to Elkoy (he is outside of the fence where you need to squeeze through south west of the Tree Gnome Village) will guide players out of the maze placing then travel slightly south west to get to the patch. It should be noted that you have to have had started the Tree Gnome Village quest for Elkoy to escort you.
- Fairy ring code ciq and travel west then north along the perimeter of the Tree Gnome Village Maze to the patch.
- East of Catherby: near White Wolf Mountain
- Fastest ways:
- Catherby Teleport in the Lunar spellbook and travel east along the beach.
- Charter ship travel directly to Catherby. From Catherby's Charter ship point, exit the ship and travel north towards outside of the bank and then travel east along the beach to the tree patch.
- You can get here after meddling with Brimhaven's fruit tree patch from Brimhaven's Charter ship point.
- Camelot Teleport (Standard spellbook) or Camelot teleport tablet and then travel south east through Catherby to get to the patch with along the beach south of White Wolf Mountain.
- House teleport (Standard spellbook) or House teleport tablet and enter your Camelot portal in your Portal Chamber and then travel south east through Catherby to get to the patch with along the beach south of White Wolf Mountain.
- Fastest ways:
- North of Brimhaven: near the docks
- Fastest Ways:
- House teleport (Standard spellbook) or House teleport tablet enter exit portal and travel north to the patch only if your POH is in Brimhaven.
- Brimhaven tablet and travel north to the patch.
- Spirit tree teleport if you have planted one there and travel west to the patch.
- Charter ship to Brimhaven, exit the ship and travel south to the patch.
- You can get here after meddling with Catherby's fruit tree patch from Catherby's Charter ship point.
- Teleport to Ardougne, Travel South and pay Captain Barnaby, then walk south
- Fastest Ways:
- Lletya: near the bank
- Fastest Way: Teleport Crystal to the central area of Lletya.