|Release date||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||A giant squirrel with beautiful markings.|
The giant squirrel is a skilling pet that can be obtained after completion of an agility course, as well as from ticket dispensers within the Brimhaven Agility Arena. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Agility level, and the agility course the player is training on.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a player's inventory is full and they have a follower already, the pet will wander until it's picked up.
Shown below are the base chances of receiving the giant squirrel. The pet chance is rolled after completing an agility course, and when receiving an agility arena ticket within the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Agility level.
|Agility course||Base chance||Rooftop course||Base chance|
|Gnome Stronghold||35,609||Draynor Village||33,005|
|Agility Pyramid||9,901||Al Kharid||26,648|
|Ape Atoll||37,720||Seers' Village||35,205|
- Player: So how come you are so agile?
- Giant Squirrel: If you were so nutty about nuts, maybe you would understand the great lengths we go to!
- Player: What's up with all that squirrel fur? I guess fleas need a home too.
- Giant Squirrel: You're pushing your luck! Stop it or you'll face my squirrely wrath.
- Player: Did you ever notice how big squirrels' teeth are?
- Giant Squirrel: No...
- Player: You could land a gnome glider on those things!
- Giant Squirrel: Watch it, I'll crush your nuts!
If the player uses an acorn on the giant squirrel:
- Giant Squirrel: Thank you! Ratatoskr be your guide and bring you many acorn trees!
- The second and third dialogues are a reference to the episode Squirrel Jokes from the Nickelodeon cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The second dialogue might also be a reference to a Squirrel Song by Foamy the Squirrel.
- When entering your POH, if you have a tree, the squirrel will stand behind it rather than follow you around.
- After an update, giant squirrels may be fed acorns, resulting in the squirrel saying "Thank you! Ratatoskr be your guide and bring you many acorn trees!", this is in reference to the god of Norse mythology Ratatoskr. "Congratulations! You have paid your squirrel tax.... for now." will also appear in the chatbox.
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •