The Hardwood grove is a fenced area just north-east of Tai Bwo Wannai village. It can only be entered by paying Murcaily 100 trading sticks, which can be obtained from the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame or purchased on the Grand Exchange. Right clicking on the gate to the grove allows a 'quick-pay' option and faster entry. The Hardwood Grove is the most concentrated location of hardwood trees in all RuneScape and can be a good way to gather logs for training Construction after making planks from them.
As a reward for completing the Elite tasks in the Karamja Diary, players will be able to enter the grove for free.
Note: Jungle Potion quest is not required to enter Hardwood Grove but is required to be able to chop trees inside the area.
Note: In order to cut the trees inside, you must also do part of the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame. Once you have received some favour and fixed the fence once, collect trading sticks from Murcaily; once you have done so, you will be able to cut the trees there. Not doing this results in a message when trying to cut the logs, telling you that you have not helped around the village enough to do so.
- Nine teak and four mahogany trees are found inside the grove. Cutting both these types of tree is part of the Karamja Tasks.
- Because there is no time limit inside the grove, players enter and cut/burn logs without leaving. This method is useful for training both Woodcutting and Firemaking. Vines on the ground do not impede fires (unlike flowers and other ground effects, elsewhere).
- Players who are standing in Hardwood Grove when they log out will still be there when they log back in.
- Inside the grove live three level 5 Snakes. There are also 2 bronze and 2 iron axe respawns inside. The player will receive a warning if he/she tries to leave without any logs in his inventory.
- The Tai Bwo Wannai Parcel Service, run by Rionasta, makes banking the wood very fast if the player has enough trading sticks to pay him. He will send logs to the bank for a fee of 10 trading sticks per log (270 per inventory, as you will be using 1 inventory slot to hold the trading sticks).
• • • • • • • • •