|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Retaliation||Yes (maximum 7 Hitpoints)|
|Loot||• Big bones|
• Tatty graahk fur or Graahk fur
| Get in a graahk's way and you're going to know |
about it... however briefly.
Horned Graahks are creatures used for Hunter. They have a combat level of 50, but can't be attacked. They are found north of Cairn Isle, near Shilo Village. The graahk fur is needed to make headdresses while the tatty hides are used to make Graahk tops and Graahk legs. Headdress and armour can be made by the Fancy-dress shop owner in Varrock in exchange for the furs and some coins. They are hunted using a teasing stick and pitfall trapping with logs and a knife. Horned graahks can hit up to 7. Protect from Melee DOES work. Whilst prayer does work, a player can alternatively equip/wear good quality (better Defence Melee bonuses the better) Melee armour, as it will reduce the overall damage you'll take. Although this may cause run energy to drain quicker, it will save inventory space for more furs instead of food. Additionally, players with low health can go north to the pond and fish for shrimps or Karambwanji.
Level 41 Hunter is required to hunt horned graahks.
Note: At level 41 Hunter, they'll keep jumping a lot and will rarely be caught. Level 70 hunter is recommended. When a player reaches 84 Hunter, graahks will rarely jump the pits, and will almost always fall in on the first jump; this makes for an extremely effective money maker if the player has an efficient banking system, potentially yielding over 500k - 800k an hour.
Ways to get there
- Fairy ring coordinates CKR - South-west Karamja. Warning: Combat levels below 60 will be attacked by aggressive Graahks.
- Another way of getting to the graahks is buying a Tai bwo wannai teleport, using it, and then running to the hunter spot. If the Shilo Village quest has not been completed, one can just bring a Varrock teleport, Amulet of glory, or Ring of dueling and then bank there and come back.
- It is possible to jump across a trap while a graahk is crossing over (or jumping over) a trap
- There is a glitch that makes graahks spawn with the spikes from the pit underneath them. They can walk around normally, but the spikes stay. This can also happen if a player jumps back over a spiked pit after jumping over it once (to lure the prey) right as the graahk is about to fall in. The beast will appear on the other side and walk over the pit without either falling in or jumping and will have spikes around it.
- The ratio of getting graahk fur to tatty fur is based on one's Hunter level.
- Horned graahk headdress
- Graahk top
- Graahk legs
- Hunter armour
- Graahk hunter gear
- Graahk fur
- Tatty graahk fur
• • • •
• • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • •
• • •
• • • • • • • •