|Release date||22 March 2006 (Update)|
In Aid of the Myreque is the third quest in the Myreque quest series. After discovering the secret group called the Myreque, the player must now help them move to a new location in Burgh de Rott, where they would be closer to the heart of their vampire oppressors.
- Warning: You need to be on normal spellbook to complete this quest, since you need to cast Lvl-1 Enchant.
|Start point||Go to Canifis and down the ladder behind the pub there, through the secret wall and squeeze past the stalagmite on the east side of the cave. Speak to Veliaf.|
|Description||After the attack on the Myreque by Vanstrom Klause and with the deaths of both Sani and Harold, Veliaf is counting on you to help. Now that the Myreque freedom fighters' base camp has been revealed, they'll need to move on and set up base somewhere else.
Veliaf has heard of a little known village south of Mort'ton, referred to as 'Burgh de Rott'. This could be just the place to set up operations to strike back against the evil of Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan and his Vampyric overlordship in Morytania. And who knows what other secrets about Morytania and its dark past will be revealed?
|Enemies to defeat|
Starting the questEdit
- Travel to Canifis, and proceed down the tunnel just south of the "Hair of the Dog" bar (the only bar in Canifis).
- When you proceed down to the tunnel, you should be in a small room. Search the wall directly south of the ladder you came down, you should be able to open it and walk through the secret passage. Continue to follow the tunnel slightly south until you come across an east branch of the tunnel.
- Right-click on the "Squeeze-past stalagmite" option to enter the secret cave of the Myreque and start the quest by speaking to Veliaf Hurtz. Tell him that you would like to join the Myreque; then, proceed to say "OK, tell me this information you have to impart" next ask him about the job, and after the conversation, say "OK, I'll do the job." This should begin the quest.
|Methods of travel to Burgh de Rott|
|Before the bank in Burgh de Rott is repaired, you may need to take multiple trips between a bank (closest is Canifis) and Burgh de Rott in order to make the repairs. Unlocking the Shades of Mort'ton (minigame) teleport by completing Shades of Mort'ton and/or partially completing Fairytale II - Cure a Queen, so you can fairy teleport to Canifis (code ) will considerably speed up the first part of the quest, and/or have Slayer ring for teleporting to Slayer Tower near Canifis. Another quick way of getting there is using a Kharyrll Teleport in your POH. Using the fairy ring code and running east to the Swamp boat is also a fast way to get to Burgh de Rott.|
First time at Burgh de RottEdit
Items required: take a lot of rottable food you don't mind losing, a hammer, a pickaxe, a spade, 4 buckets, 11 planks, 44 nails, 1 swamp paste. Keep at least 6 inventory spaces semi-free and not full of items you care about, like food.
To travel to Burgh de Rott, you may now use the short-cut you unlocked in the previous quest to quickly travel to Morton, the rope bridge can be accessed from the trapdoor behind canifis' pub.
When you arrive in Morton head south to find angry residents at the gate of Burgh de Rott, Before being able to enter, first talk to Florin from outside the gates and then deposit a food item into the open chest in front of the gate, after being surprised at your good intent, he allows you to enter the town.
Go to the pub just south of the gate, climb over the broken down wall and mine the rubble by using your pickaxe on it.
There is a bucket spawn near the well if you forgot.
Climb down the ladder.
Mine the rubble, and use a spade on what's left to fill buckets with rubble each bucket can contain 2 nodes worth of rubble. When the buckets are filled, you may simply empty them into the rubble pile outside the bar.
Every few rubble piles you mine, you will get 6 items that you must make room for: nails (10 bronze, 5 iron, 3 steel, 2 black, 1 mithril), 1 rock, and 1 broken glass. You can drop these immediately after as these items have no significance. This is why it's worthwhile to keep some empty spaces.
Note that if you drop certain items to make room for the junk, they will be gone if you exit the basement and return.
Note that if you only mine the rocks to rubble and exit the area, the rubble will be restored to rocks and you will have to mine them again. There are 15 piles of rubble to remove in total, and you may find that you need to make several trips.
- Empty the bucket as usual; then, search the big pile of rubble outside of the pub to receive the dusty scroll and plaster fragment - once you have made room.
- After you are finished mining all of the rubble, there will be a cutscene of you noticing a plaque on the wall. The plaque holds no significance for this quest.
- Go and talk to Razvan again, and he will tell you to patch up the town a bit.
- Talk to Aurel in the general store, and he will tell you that you need to repair the roof and the walls of the shop.
- If you have completed Shades of Mort'ton, you may buy the hammer and six planks required from the Mort'ton builder shop.
- Go back to the shop, and use the planks on both the roof and the walls of the shop to repair it. Then, talk to Aurel again - he will want the store stocked before he can open it. You will be given a crate to fill up with these items! He requires the following:
- Note that if you are asked for snails you can talk to Aurel again, asking what you should be doing and he may change to asking for mackerel. So if desired you can avoid snails.
- You will now need to visit a bank via teleportation or by using the boat in Mort'ton to get back to Canifis. Fill the crate with the items required and while you are at the bank grab 5 planks, a hammer, swamp paste and 20 nails. Snail meat, if asked for, can be acquired by killing snails throughout the Mort Myre Swamp.
- Return to Aurel via the shortcut out the back of the Canifis pub, or by using the Shades of Mort'ton (minigame) teleport if you have completed Shades of Mort'ton. He will then open the store.
- Talk to Razvan again, and then talk to Cornelius in the bank to the south of the city. He will ask that the bank is repaired.
- To repair the bank, you will need a hammer, five planks and one swamp paste, as well as 20 nails - once again, you can buy the planks and paste at Razmire Builders Merchants in Mort'ton if you still need them.
- Repair the teller window (the broken glass in the booth) by using swamp paste, and then the wall at the back of the bank as you did before. Then, ask Cornelius what to do, and ask him: Do you fancy the job?. You will now be able to use the bank.
Defending the villageEdit
- Talk to Razvan again, he will ask that you fix the furnace.
- Take two steel bars, a tinderbox, a hammer and one coal and repair the furnace to the south-east side of the city. Bring your silver weapon along with you.
- Use a steel bar on the broken furnace to repair it.
- Put the coal inside of the newly fixed furnace, and light it with the tinderbox. You will then see a cut-scene.
- After the cut-scene, you will need to prepare for a fight with your silver weapon or any weapon wearing the ring. Go to the general store, and talk to Gadderanks and then Wiskit. Talk to one of the Vampyre Juvinates and Gadderanks will try and kill you.
- Kill Gadderanks (he's fairly easy), and then kill the Vampyre juvinates with your silver weapon.
- Talk to Gadderanks again, and he will tell you of the vampire's weaknesses and then die. You will get his hammer, which is similar to a Granite maul but stronger against Shades. (If your inventory has no room for the hammer, you can speak to Aurel to receive it later.)
- Talk to Veliaf, and he will tell you to meet him back at his hideout in the Hollows.
Items required: Armour, food and a weapon (those that work are specified below) in order to defeat the vampyres. You may now bring the steel equipment (med, chain, legs), including the sickle, but do not bring the food before entering Canifis, as ghasts WILL rot the food on the way back to Canifis.
- Go back to Veliaf, where you started the quest and talk to him again.
- He will have you talk to Radigad and Polmafi to have them head to the Burgh de Rott hideout, but wants you to escort Ivan Strom to the Paterdomus Temple because the mission is becoming too dangerous for the young, aspiring priest.
- You may also take some armour, food, and a weapon for Ivan, but remember that you will not get any of them back. Talk to Polmafi Fedigris and Radigad Ponfit first, and after that "use" a steel chainbody, steel platelegs, steel med helm, and a silver sickle on Ivan, who will accept your gifts and wear it under his robes. You may also provide food to him before you start; Ivan only likes "cooked snails, salmon, cooked slimy eel or stew."
- Take armour and a silver weapon for yourself OR the ring mentioned earlier so you can use ANY weapon to kill vampires. The blessed silver sickle has no attack stats, so it is recommended to use the the Wolfbane dagger from Priest in Peril, blessed axe from Animal Magnetism or the Silverlight from Demon Slayer (Darklight and Arclight also work).
You get to choose between two routes through Mort Myre Swamp. You will be attacked on both the 'long' and the 'short' routes. On the long route, you need to fight four level 50 Vampyre Juvinates while on the short route, you'll be attacked by two level 75 ones. The 'short' route is probably easier than the 'long' route because it's easier to defend Ivan, despite the fact that you have a harder fight. If you can, try and get Ivan behind you so he can't be attacked by the juvinates.
- Strategy: When you first enter the fight area, don't move. Bring any attack spell with you, and use it to lure the first vampire to you and kill it. Remember to use your silver weapon to fight the vampires OR equip the ring mentioned earlier! The second vampire will always attack Ivan at the same point, so just hope that Ivan survives until you finish off the first one. It is possible to finish this part without giving Ivan anything, but it is difficult, and it will often require several attempts just to keep Ivan alive. Therefore, it is highly recommended to give Ivan armour and food. It should also be noted that Ivan does NOT receive protection from the player's Protect from Melee prayer.
- If Ivan's health becomes too low (or after he runs out of food), he will teleport out. At this point, you might as well leave the area because killing the remaining vampires will not let you progress. When you leave, you will reappear somewhere around Canifis, so make your way back to where you spoke to Ivan to try again (make sure to collect food via the bank on your way back to him as he will need more). Once you defeat the vampires, you will complete the trek and appear outside the Temple of the Salve.
The rod of ivandisEdit
- After successfully escorting Ivan, talk to Drezel (inside the temple) at the River Salve, and get the key to the library from him (using chat option 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3). Mention that the lives of Morytania rest on his decision.
- Search the keyhole on the east side of the room Drezel is in. Use your key on the keyhole. Go down the trapdoor into the library, and search all the bookcases to the west side to get all the books; the one you want is called "Ancient book", titled inside The Sleeping Seven. The book tells you where to find Ivandis' grave.
- Go back to Canifis, and enter the trapdoor behind the pub. Search the wall and directly to your east you should see two wooden boards covering an entrance - use a hammer on the boards to get through and you should see a tomb that looks like a coffin.
- Use some soft clay on the top of the coffin to get a mould.
- Go to a furnace (the closest one is Port Phasmatys after Ghosts Ahoy; using an Ectophial is the fastest way there. An alternative is to use the Zanaris furnace), and use a silver bar, mithril bar, and cut sapphire to make a Silvthrill rod and enchant it using Lvl-1 Enchant.
- Take the enchanted Silvthrill rod and a rope back to the Temple of the Salve, use the rod with the well (in the room next to Drezel) to create the Rod of ivandis(10).
- Take the rod of ivandis to Burgh de Rott, go into the cellar of the pub and give it to Veliaf to complete the quest.
- 2 Quest points
- 2,000 Attack experience
- 2,000 Strength experience
- 2,000 Crafting experience
- 2,000 Defence experience
- Access to the Temple Trekking minigame
Required for completingEdit
Completion of In Aid of the Myreque is required for the following: