|Release date||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|A servant of the god Zamorak.|
K'ril Tsutsaroth (pronounced "KRILL TUTT-zuh-roth") is the boss of the Zamorak Fortress in the God Wars Dungeon. To gain access to his chamber, players must kill 40 Zamorakians. He uses Melee and Magic attacks. He is most often killed for the Staff of the dead or the Zamorakian spear, but some players kill him (and his melee bodyguard) for Slayer.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a Black mask or Slayer helmet, if they have a greater demon Slayer task. Players will gain 350.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their Slayer task.
K'ril is the least popular of all of the God Wars bosses, as his unique drops do not have as much value compared to the other generals. A trip is also more tedious; his prayer smashes can quickly drain a tanking player's supplies and players cannot use bones to peaches tabs to extend their trip as he and his bodyguards all drop ashes.
K'ril can hit up to 47 with Melee attacks and 30 with Magic. He has a special attack that hits through protection prayers, drains your remaining prayer points by half and may hit up to 49, however he will only use this if his target is praying against melee. Players should still use Protect from Melee, however, as he won't hit as often as he would without it. Another viable option is to use Protect from Magic with extremely high defensive armours such as Barrows equipment. The benefits of this are that K'ril's relatively common magical attacks will be blocked, his attacks will be easier to resist, and the special attack will be avoided, meaning fewer massive hits and prayer drains. K'ril has a surprisingly low Defence level for his Combat level meaning that hitting him is fairly easy, although this is somewhat counterbalanced by his ability to hit through a player's protection prayer.
K'ril can poison players, starting at 16 damage per hit, thus making him the second most poisonous monster in the game. Being such a poisonous monster, K'ril is immune to all forms of poison.
When K'ril uses his special attack, he will yell "YARRRRRRR!", and players will receive the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained.
Tanks are of incredible importance in this boss fight. However, to lengthen each trip, it is helpful if members of the team take turns being the target of the demon's attacks.
- Using the Arclight/Darklight's special attack is very helpful, as it only uses 50% of the energy bar and weakens the demon's Defence more effectively than the Bandos godsword does. However, this has extremely low accuracy.
- When soloing, a Bandos godsword (or Darklight/Arclight/DWH using an Abyssal whip) is almost the best way to get the most kills per trip due to the Defence-reducing capabilities. If you are wearing Karil's armour with a Helm of neitiznot, a Zamorak cape and an Amulet of fury, most of the minions will not be able to damage you as you will have some decent Defence against all forms of Combat, and you will only take damage from the boss' attack when he hits through your prayers, and occasionally from his magical attack, and if you forgot an Antipoison. It is always very effective to attack K'ril twice, stand under him, then attack him twice again in a regular fashion to reduce the amount of attacks taken from him.
- Tanks can attack once with a 2.4 second speed weapon e.g. Abyssal whip or Zamorakian hasta, and then once with a Godsword to inflict maximum damage before resetting the bosses next attack. This allows you to block all of his attacks with a shield, while still maximizing damage output.
- At higher Defence levels, a good method of tanking consists of bringing high level melee armour along with a high powered shield such as an Elysian spirit shield or a Dragonfire shield whilst activating Protect from Magic. Using this method the tank will take substantial melee damage but remain unaffected by his magic attacks and dangerous special. Tanks using this method will gain the most benefit using a Staff of the dead as a special attack weapon; equipping the staff to invoke the special attack and keeping it equipped while the effect is active, and switching back to their regular weapon after it wears off.
- For fighting K'ril Tsutsaroth, the Slayer helmet is best in slot when on task. If not on task, bring a Serpentine helmet.
- The Staff of the dead while tanking does well, although some may find the Saradomin godsword to be better.
- For the attacker(s): on task the Crystal halberd is the best damage per second, when off-task the Armadyl godsword is better because of the lack of accuracy the Slayer helmet provides. The Dragon halberd is also fairly decent.
Each kill is worth 73,828.65 purely from unique drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 29
Weapons and ammunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant arrow(p++) 295–300 Common 16,225–16,500 Rune scimitar 1 Uncommon 15,056 Dragon dagger(p++) 1 Uncommon 17,455 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare (1/128) 289,990 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare (1/128) 7,149,116 Rune sword 1 Rare (1/406) 12,224 Staff of the dead 1 Rare (1/508) 4,955,964
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,874 Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,673
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack(3) 3 Common  762 Super strength(3) 3 Common  4,623 Super restore(3) 3 Common  20,268 Zamorak brew(3) 3 Common  6,813
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Death rune 120–124 Common 27,360–28,272 Coins 19,362–20,073 Common Not sold Blood rune 80–90 Uncommon 16,400–18,450 Grimy lantadyme 7–13 (noted) Uncommon 12,642–23,478 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 3,336 Rare drop table 1 Uncommon (8/127) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/250) Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare (1/256) 154,076 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare (1/256) 153,981 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare (1/256) 153,905 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare (1/508) 3,025,037 Pet k'ril tsutsaroth 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/710459690090668032
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Super attack and Super strength potions are always dropped together.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Super restore potions and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 8,932 Tooth half of key 1 Common 19,298 Chaos talisman 1 Common 403 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 800 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 835 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,612 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 375 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 3,192 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 770 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,400 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,548 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 13,735 Law rune 45 Uncommon 8,865 Death rune 45 Uncommon 10,260 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,582 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 38,019 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,586 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,200 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 18,733 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 3,119 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,001 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,101 Rune spear 1 Rare 12,073 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,412 Dragon spear 1 Rare 40,305
- K'ril is the only poisonous demon in RuneScape.
- K'ril was classified as a lesser demon during development. He was reclassified as a greater demon when the God Wars Dungeon was released on 17 October 2013.
- At Old School RuneScape's first birthday event, players could speak to K'ril Tsutsaroth, resulting in the following dialogue:
- K'ril: Human, I disconnected and lost my plastic plate of whatever food you call this. I want my items returned, now!
- Player: Woah hold on big fella' I can't do that.
- K'ril: Well then, I'll just unsubscribe from the dungeon and stop playing all together. Hrmph....
- Player: Oh please, you were never really a popular boss anyway. You had to be given extra drops just to incentivise people to find you. Even then, I doubt anyone would notice if you disappeared.
- K'ril: *growls* Enjoy the party... mortal.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses
|God Wars Dungeon|