|Release date||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||195 coins|
|Low Alch||130 coins|
|Store price||325 coins|
|Exchange price||1,188 coins (info)|
|A lot of beer in a barrel. |
Beer in a barrel - a specialty of the Fremennik Province.
A Keg of beer is a large barrel of beer which can be drunk. When you drink it, it says, "You chug the keg. You feel reinvigorated... ...but extremely drunk, too." Your character raises the keg above their head and chugs the entire barrel. It temporarily lowers Attack by 40 and raises Strength by 10, as well as causing the perspective of your screen to swing back and forth for a minute, as if your character is drunk. This can be stopped by teleporting. It isn't a good idea to drink this in a combat area, as it makes melee attacks much less accurate.
Kegs of beer are dropped by Dagannoths, Level 48 Black Guards in Keldagrim, and Market guards in Rellekka. It can be bought in the Rellekka Longhall for 325 coins, provided that the player has completed The Fremennik Trials quest. It can also be bought from the merchant, Rasolo, who is north of Ardougne near Baxtorian Falls.
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Black Guard 25; 48 1 Black Guard Berserker 66 1 Dagannoth 88; 90 1 Warrior (Rellekka) 48 1
- Beer kegs are also one of the few edible items that have a unique consumption animation. Unlike most drinks, when a player drinks a beer keg they can be seen tipping the barrel back with both hands.
- When the player attempts to drink a keg of beer whilst on the Fishing Trawler, they will receive a message saying "With my sea sickness? You must be joking!"
- The keg of beer provides better strength boost than a super strength potion until level 34 but it's better to use a strength potion because kegs lower attack.
- If a player attempts to drink another keg of beer in under a minute, they will say to themselves "Not another one! Not so soon!"
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •