- For the rock which Limestone comes from, see Limestone rock.
- For the brick made after using a chisel on it, see Limestone brick.
|Release date||20 September 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||6 coins|
|Low Alch||4 coins|
|Store price||10 coins|
(Razmire Builders' Merchants)
|Exchange price||79 coins (info)|
Limestone can be mined by a player with a Mining level of 10 and gives 26.5 Mining experience when mined. Limestone can be crafted into limestone bricks through the Crafting skill although it may accidentally become a rock. It is required in the Regicide quest to make quicklime to make a barrel bomb. It's also used in Construction. Limestone can also be purchased from Razmire at his builders/general store in Mort'ton for 10 coins.
There are only two locations at which it can be mined:
- Silvarea Mine - The limestone quarry west of the Paterdomus Temple and north-east of Varrock.
- Arandar Mine - The white rocks near the dire wolves in north-east Tirannwn between the walled city of Prifddinas and road in Arandar.
Warning: Attempting to smelt limestone will cause it to explode and inflict 8 points of damage on you.
Limestone can be crafted into limestone bricks at level 12 Crafting (gives 6 Crafting experience) when used with a chisel, although it may accidentally become a rock. (The chance of failure drops with Crafting level, and at level 40 and above, it is impossible to fail.)
Limestones are also used in Construction.
You get 20 Construction experience per limestone used when making furniture.
Examine text Edit
For "Pile of Rock":
- Prospect - "This rock contains limestone."
- Examine - "A pile of lime rock."
- Examine - "Some limestone."
|Mining rocks and sources|
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • • •
or) •• • • • • • • (