There are various methods by which players can increase their potential maximum magic damage. The effects of most equipped items can be seen at the bottom of the stats window (labelled Magic damage: +x%).
|Icon||Equipment||Damage boost||Requirements to wear||Shows in Stats||Conditions/Notes|
|Ahrim's armour set||30%||70 |
|No||Only has a 25% chance to occur. Both the set and amulet must be worn to get the damage boost.|
|Amulet of the damned|
|||Castlewar brace||20%||None||No||Useful in Castle Wars against a bearer of a flag. Must be worn before the game starts, not during the game.|
|||Staff of the dead||15%||75 |
|Yes||Can also cast Slayer dart and autocast Flames of Zamorak. Toxic version can inflict venom.|
|Toxic staff of the dead|
|||Ancestral hat||2% |
|||Ancestral robe top|
|||Ancestral robe bottom|
|||Slayer helmet (i)||15%||40 |
|Yes||Only works against monsters assigned as a slayer task.|
|Black mask (i)||40 |
|||Smoke Battlestaff||10%|| 30 |
|No||Only affects spells in the standard spellbook.|
|||Chaos gauntlets||+3||Completion of Family Crest.||No||Only affects Bolt spells.|
|Tome of fire||50%||50||No||Only affects Fire spells. Also provides unlimited fire runes.|
|Kodai Wand||15%||75||Yes||Also has a 15% chance of negating runes being used for that spell.|
- It is important to note that items with a magic attack bonus such as the Ahrim's hood does not boost your max hit, just your accuracy. Similarly, items with a magic defence bonus, such as the black d'hide body don't affect the maximum damage you will take from spells, just your opponent's accuracy.
- A full set of Mage void armour will not raise your max hit, only your accuracy.
- Prayers such as Mystic Will, Mystic Might and Augury only increase accuracy, not max hit.
- Charge is a spell which temporarily increases the maximum damage of the three God spells by 10 (providing the player is wearing the corresponding god cape). The spell requires a magic level of 80.
Trident of the seas/swampEdit
Tridents work differently to other staves, as it has the ability to increase its damage with magic potions. It is also dependent on the player's Magic level.
At level 75 magic, the base damage is 20, this increases up to 28 at level 99 (29 if boosted). Likewise, stat-reductions will lower the damage, but the minimum max hit will never fall below 20; even if the player's Magic level is reduced below 75.
The table below assumes you are only using the trident without any Magic damage bonuses.
|Magic levels||Maximum hit|
Maximum Magic hitEdit
- The highest possible hit in the game is currently 48, which is achievable by casting Ice Barrage, Flames of Zamorak with Charge, or Fire Wave with a charged Tome of fire on a player with the Staff of the dead, Occult necklace, Tormented bracelet, and full Ancestral robes (minus the hat) while under the effects of a Castlewar brace during a Castle Wars minigame.
- Outside of minigames, it is possible to hit a maximum of 46 by casting Ice Barrage, Flames of Zamorak with Charge, or Fire Wave with a charged Tome of fire with the Staff of the dead, Occult necklace, Tormented bracelet, Ancestral robe top and bottom, and a Slayer helmet (i) on a slayer assignment.
- The maximum total theoretical damage from one spell is 368, achieved by hitting nine targets with Ice Barrage for 48 damage to the flag bearer and surrounding players for 40 damage each during a Castle Wars game.