|The tree shimmers with a magical force.|
A Magic tree is a rare type of tree that requires level 75 Woodcutting to chop down; each tree yielding one or more magic logs. Each log cut gives 250 Woodcutting experience. After being chopped down, the respawn rate of a magic tree ranges from two to three minutes, so it is highly recommended to world hop afterwards. The chop rate of magic logs is noticeably slower than that of yews, but does significantly increase at level 85+ Woodcutting. There is a high demand for the logs due to how long it takes to chop them, and since there are not many trees, it can be hard to find a vacant one.
They are mainly cut by players looking for an income through selling magic logs, rather than gaining experience due to their slow experience rate. Players can expect to gain up to 130 magic logs per hour using a Dragon axe.
Magic trees can be found in these locations:
- 3 immediately north-west of the Sorcerer's Tower
- 2 at the Mage Training Arena (one on the west side and one on the east side) just north of the Duel Arena - Relatively close to a bank
- 3 scattered across the Gnome Stronghold. These Magic Trees do not exist in Deadman mode worlds.
- 3 south-west of Lletya
- 4 south of Seers' Village at the Sorcerer's Tower
- 4 east of the Arceuus House bank
- 2 directly north of Logava Gricoller's Cooking Supplies in Great Kourend's Hosidius House
- 3 in Resource Area (7500 coins entry fee, can note logs 50 coins each on Piles)
- 8 in the Woodcutting Guild (Requiring 60 woodcutting and 75% Hosidius favour to enter) - Very close to bank
- 3 south of the Woodcutting Guild in the Kourend Woodland
- 4 on the ground floor of the Myth's Guild.
Planting a magic sapling requires level 75 Farming and grants 145.5 Farming experience when planted and 13,768 exp when fully grown. It takes 7 hours and 40 minutes to fully grow. A nearby gardener will watch after your magic tree for 25 coconuts. Players may also use a garden pie, player made or bought at the Cooks' Guild for 24gp, to boost Farming by 3 and plant at level 72 Farming. You do not need to boost Farming to check-health on any trees.
Magic logs can be cut into magic shortbows at level 80 Fletching (granting 83.3 Fletching experience for unstrung and another 83.3 XP for stringing), and magic longbows at level 85 (granting 91.5 XP for unstrung and another 91.5 XP for stringing).
Although it's strongly recommended to not burn these logs due to their cost and profitability, a player needs level 75 Firemaking and a tinderbox to turn magic logs into a fire. Doing so earns the player 303.8 experience towards their Firemaking skill.