|Release date||24 April 2014 (Update)|
Miners are NPC that are located throughout the Motherlode Mine. Eleven are found throughout the mine, and their appearance and examine text varies from dwarf to dwarf.
- He became a miner after his agoraphobia stopped him doing Sailing.
- Professional miners don't actually whistle while they work.
- M C Pickaxe in da house!
- He applied to be the Drunken Dwarf, but failed the intelligence test.
- He's supporting 3 small children. Very small children.
- Secretly, he'd like to rescue princesses and eat mushrooms.
- I mine in ma' mine, where I mine all da time...
- ...an' da whole place is mine, from da rocks to da slime!
- He could have been a great ballet dancer if they'd let him try...
- Mine mine mine mine MINE!
- Mine mine mine mine HIS!
- When you examine a miner to the north-east inside Motherlode Mine, it will say: "Secretly, he'd like to save princesses and eat mushrooms", which is a reference to the popular Nintendo game Super Mario Bros.
- The examine text "He could have been a great ballet dancer if they'd let him try..." is likely a reference to the famous British movie Billy Elliot.
- When you examine one of the miners on the upper level, it says "M C Pickaxe in da house!" which is most likely a reference to a popular rap artist, MC Hammer.
- When you examine some miners, it will say: "Professional miners don't actually whistle while they work". This is a reference to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, where they whistle and sing while mining.
- When a miner is struck by a rockfall he will scream "Ow!", but will take no damage.
Badger • Billy • Butterfly • Cave bug larva • Cleaner • Cormorant • Crow • Drake • Duck • Ducklings • Engineer • Engineering assistant • Flying Book • Goblin fish • Gruff McScruff • Gull • H.A.M. Deacon • House • Lamb • Li'l lamb • Luna • Miner • Moths • Mountain goat • Novice • Pelican • Priest • Puffin • Runite Minor • Shark • Soldier • Squirrel • Swan • Swarm • Sweeper • Talia • Town Guard • Trainee Guard • Will o' the wisp • Workman (Digsite) • Workman (Varrock Museum)