|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|A holy man.|
Monks are useful for training on at lower combat levels, as players can talk to another monk and request healing. Monks will also heal themselves at random intervals in combat, resulting in more experience per kill. Because monks can survive small amounts of damage, it's possible for a defence pure to train on the same monk indefinitely.
The largest group of monks is found the monastery north-east of the entrance to the Dwarven mines. Free-to-play players often visit the monastery to heal due to a lack of high-tier food and prayer potions.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 50
- It is possible to have a monk heal you after you kill him, as long as you begin a conversation after you have dealt the killing blow before he dies. Also, you can be healed while someone else is fighting the monk.
- Monks can heal themselves 2 HP instead of attacking you.
- Contrary to the popular belief, monks don't cure poison when they heal you.
- Monks heal 30% of your HP when asked to, using the Option "Talk-to". However, other players prefer to speak to Abbot Langley, even though he heals exactly the same amount of health.
- Male characters can look exactly like a monk by wearing monk robes and having a shaved head hairstyle along with brown boots from Yrsa's Shoe Store if they don't already have them.
- At one point, a hidden update gave players a small amount of Prayer XP for killing a monk, however this was quickly reversed.
• • • • • • • • • •