|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|A holy man.|
A Monk is a Saradominist non-player character usually found in monasteries, churches, and the island of Entrana. Monks will heal a few of a player's Hitpoints if the player talks to them and asks them to do so. Monks are useful for training at lower combat levels, as players can talk to another monk and ask him to heal the player.
Monks can also be found in the monastery north-east of the entrance to the Dwarven mines. It is a popular training area for low-levelled players.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 56
- It is possible to have a monk heal you after you kill him, as long as you begin a conversation after you have dealt the killing blow before he dies. Also, you can be healed while someone else is fighting the monk.
- Monks can heal themselves 2 HP instead of attacking you.
- Contrary to the popular belief, monks don't cure poison when they heal you.
- Monks heal 30% of your HP when asked to, using the Option "Talk-to". However, other players prefer to speak to Abbot Langley, even though he heals exactly the same amount of health.
- Male characters can look exactly like a monk by wearing monk robes and having a shaved head hairstyle along with brown boots from Yrsa's Shoe Store if they don't already have them.
- At one point, a hidden update gave players a small amount of Prayer XP for killing a monk, however this was quickly reversed.
• • • • • • • • • •