|Release date||6 December 2004 (Update)|
|Quest series||Gnome, Monkey|
|Start point||Talk to King Narnode Shareen in The Grand Tree.|
|Description||The King of the northern Gnomes, Narnode Shareen, is once again in need of your help. He recently decided to send an envoy of his Royal Guard, the 10th squad, to oversee the decommissioning of the Gnome owned ship-building facilities on the eastern coast of Karamja.
It has been quite some time since the 10th squad were dispatched and they have been deemed missing in action. It will be up to you, should you decide to help, to find out what fate befell the 10th squad and if possible, track them down.
If only it were so simple. Sinister forces have begun to spread through the Gnome hierarchy and threaten to unleash an unknown terror upon the world. Far across the land, the fires of vengeance are being stoked once again. Can you unravel the mystery behind the deception? Can you separate the truth from the lies? Can you decide for yourself what is real and what is not?
It's recommended to have a Prayer level of at least 43.
|Enemies to defeat||Jungle Demon (level 195)|
Starting outEditItems required: Gold bar, Ball of wool.
- Speak to King Narnode Shareen at the Grand Tree. (1)
- Climb up the tree and take the glider to Gandius.
- Ironmen: If you don't have the monkey bones yet, you can kill a monkey nearby for some.
- Head north along the coast to reach the shipyard and try to enter through the gate.
- Speak with G.L.O. Caranock inside the building just south of the shipyard entrance.
- Return to Narnode.
- Talk to Daero, found on the 1st floor[ of the Grand Tree, east side. (1-4-2-4-3-4-4-1) ]
- Talk to Daero again.
- Begin the puzzle by clicking on the panel in the southeastern region of the hangar, in front of the long pipe.
- Solve the puzzle yourself (guide here) or pay Glough (back in the Gnome Stronghold) 200K coins to solve it.
- Watch the cutscene. Talk to Daero, then to Waydar to fly to Crash Island. (1)
- Talk to Lumdo.
- Talk to Waydar who will convince Lumdo to follow orders. (4)
- Talk to Lumdo again to travel west to Ape Atoll.
- On the island, travel west along the coast until you reach the sandy patch and then head north into the valley.
- Using Protect from Missiles is strongly recommended, as you will be hit hard and knocked unconscious by the arrows.
- Pick the lock on the cell (3 on the map) and escape the prison. Stay at least 2 squares away from the guards even when in the cell.
- Talk to Karam in the jungle grass east of the prison.
- Stay in the grass to hide from archer monkeys, and travel southeast, hugging the wall of the temple.
- Go east along the wall of the temple and around the monkey palace.
- Talk to Garkor (5 on the map).
- Head to the U-shaped building (6 on the map) in the southern side of the colony. Enter through the southern door.
- Note: Stay on the dark brown floor.
- Search the stacked crates on the light brown floor for a set of monkey dentures. Tip: Take an extra just in case.
- Search the southeastern-most crate and enter the dungeon. You will take damage if you drop down into the cavern below, so heal up if necessary before entering.
- Travel to the northwestern part of this cavern, and search the crates to acquire the M'amulet mould.
- Go back to Garkor, and run south of him towards a ladder (be wary of a monkey in the graveyard who will call monkey guards). Climb the ladder and leave the monkey city.
- Travel west until you see a dungeon on your minimap. Climb down the ladder.
- Follow the path of the dungeon. Note: It is highly recommended to use Protect from Melee, stamina potions, antipoison, and food while traversing this dungeon.
- At the end of the dungeon, you will meet Zooknock. Talk to him, then give him the monkey dentures, m'amulet mould, and the gold bar. Talk to him again, and he will give you an Enchanted bar.
- Return to the monkey colony (Tip: It is faster to return to Ape Atoll by returning to Daero in the Gnome Stronghold) and run east into the temple. Enter through the trapdoor.
- Use the enchanted bar with a wall of flames, then use the amulet on a ball of wool to create the M'speak amulet.
Well I'll be a monkey's uncleEdit
- Take your Karamjan monkey bones/corpse to the banana garden west of the prison. Wait for the monkey child's aunt to leave, then quickly enter the garden through the corridor. When she returns, run back into the corridor.
- Equip the m'speak amulet, then talk to the monkey child three times. Tell him you're his uncle, then ask how many bananas his aunt wanted. (4-2)
- Give him 5 bananas for the monkey talisman. (Tip: You may have to wait a few minutes before the child will give you the talisman. This can be sped up by logging out and back in. Also, to save time during the Recipe For Disaster subquest: Freeing Awowogei, you can ask the monkey child for three more talismans.)
- Return to Zooknock with the talisman and your Karamjan monkey bones. He will make you a greegree.
- Leave the dungeon with your m'speak amulet and greegree equipped, then return to Garkor.
An audience with King AwowogeiEdit
- Talk to Garkor.
- Talk to the nearby Elder Guard.
- Head to the west coast of the island, then climb to the vantage point of the hill from its southwestern entrance.
- Climb the ladder then walk across the bridge and talk to Kruk about meeting King Awowogei. You will then appear inside the palace.
- Talk to the monkey king. He will tell you to rescue a monkey from the Ardougne Zoo.
- Enter the zoo and equip your greegree, then talk to the Monkey minder.
- Talk to any of the monkeys. Remove your greegree and talk to the minder again.
- Note: Do not teleport with the monkey in your inventory, this includes random events that teleport you!
- Return to the Grand Tree by any means other than teleportation.
- Talk to Daero to return to Ape Atoll. Equip your greegree again.
- Talk to King Awowogei.
- Talk to Garkor and watch the cutscene.
- Talk to Garkor again to get the 10th squad sigil.
The final battleEdit
- Wear the sigil when you are ready for the battle with the Jungle Demon. (Tip: It is highly recommended to use Protect from Magic during the fight.)
- Kill the demon, then talk to Garkor.
- Talk to Zooknock to be teleported to Ape Atoll.
- Talk to King Narnode in the Grand Tree.
- Quest complete!
- 3 Quest points
- 10,000 Coins
- 3 Diamonds
- Talk to Daero to complete the Royal Guard training program. You will gain 35,000 experience in Attack and Defence, or Strength and Hitpoints, and 20,000 in the other two. (Note for 1 Defence pures: It is impossible to return to Ape Atoll without completing Daero's training and gaining Defence experience. You must not complete the quest if you wish to return.)
- The ability to buy and wield the Dragon scimitar.
- The ability to turn into a monkey using the Monkey greegree.
- Full access to Ape Atoll (excluding the bank, unlocked during Monkey Madness II).