|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||3 coins|
|Low Alch||2 coins|
|Store price||5 coins|
|Exchange price||270 coins (info)|
|A foul smelling brew.|
Moonlight mead is an ale that can be brewed with the Cooking skill at level 44 or higher, granting 380 experience. Drinking this heals 4 hitpoints, and when doing so, the game remarks that "It tastes like something just died in your mouth." It can be bought for 5 coins from Roavar in the Hair of the Dog tavern, located in Canifis.
The full recipe for Moonlight mead is as follows (ingredients used in the order given):
- 2 Buckets of water
- 2 Barley malt
- (Optional) 1 "The stuff", to increase chance of maturity
- 4 Mushrooms
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait 1-2 days
- Collect the completed ale using 8 beer glasses or 2 calquat kegs
- Moonlight mead might be a reference to moonshine, a common name for home-distilled alcohol.
- Moonlight mead may also be a reference to moonlight of the full moon, which is normally related with men turning into werewolves, although this doesn't apply to the werewolves in Canifis.
- Since it does not contain honey, it is not truly mead.