|Release date||12 December 2013 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Monkey Madness II|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Sells items?||Slayer equipment|
| She looks rich and dangerous!|
Nieve is the second-to-highest level Slayer master, behind Duradel. She is located in the Tree Gnome Stronghold, next to the Stronghold Slayer Cave near the magic trees and the southern bank. She only assigns tasks to players with a combat level of at least 85.
Nieve wields a Zamorakian hasta, full Bandos armour, an amulet of fury, a pirate's hook, an elysian spirit shield, and a fire cape. She has made an appearance with a cave kraken in Prifddinas during Old School RuneScape's first birthday event along with other NPCs.
Nieve is the solution to the medium anagram clue: I EVEN. The answer to her challenge is 2.
Nieve has many cousins, all of whom operate slayer task only areas, like her. Steve resides in the Asgarnia Ice Dungeon and controls the upper level in the Skeletal Wyvern area. Slieve and Eve operate out of the Taverley Dungeon, controlling the Black and Blue dragon areas, respectively. Lieve McCracken oversees Kraken Cove. Hieve runs a separate metal dragon area in the Brimhaven Dungeon, and is the older brother of Pieve and Steve. Lastly, Nieve's uncle Breive maintains the Smoke Devil Dungeon.
Monkey Madness IIEdit
In Monkey Madness II, she is recruited by the player to stop Glough and his experiments from running amok after his airship crashed north of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Nieve helps the player against the tortured gorillas invading the Stronghold.
After the 10th Squad secures the Stronghold, she, along with the player, pursue Glough in the Crash Site Cavern, where she assists the player in defeating Glough's tortured and demonic gorillas. She is ultimately killed by a mutated Glough when he knocks her back to a wall, causing a boulder to fall and crush her.
After the quest, her gravestone can be found between the small swamp and the Grand Tree's north-western entrance, next to the exit that leads to the Crash Site Cavern. Her gravestone also functions as the player's kill count for tortured and demonic gorillas. Her younger cousin, Steve, replaces her as the Slayer Master, and Pieve replaces her brother at the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.
- 12 Slayer points for every normal task
- 60 for every 10th
- 180 for every 50th
- 300 for every 100th
- 420 for every 250th
- 600 for every 1,000th
Completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary will increase the Slayer points awarded by Nieve to match those of Duradel (15 per task, 75 per 10th, 225 per 50th, 375 per 100th, 525 per 250th, and 750 per 1,000th).
Useful fairy ring codesEdit
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - ajr
- Slayer Tower - cks
- Brine Rat Cavern - dks
- Kalphite Lair - biq
- Abyssal Area - alr
- Kharidian Desert - dlq
- Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon - ajq
- Chasm of Fire - djr
- ↑ Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Watch the birdy ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points.
- ↑ Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Like a boss ability via spending 200 Slayer reward points
- ↑ The odds of getting a specific task from the boss category is much smaller than getting a normal task, since there are two rolls for that task: one roll for the boss task, and one roll for the specific task within the boss category.
- ↑ Requires completion of Cabin Fever.
- ↑ Requires completion of Horror from the Deep.
- ↑ Starting Mourning's Ends Part II is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑ Starting Desert Treasure quest is required to receive these as a task in order to access Smokey Well.
- ↑ Starting Regicide is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑ Completion of Bone Voyage is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑ Only after paying 75 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them, in addition to gaining at least 5% favour with the Shayzien House. No favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑ For lizardman shamans, 100% favour with the Shayzien House is required, and no favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑ Only after paying 80 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them. Also requires partial completion of Barbarian Training.
- ↑ Only after paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑ Requires completion of Contact!
- ↑ Requires completion of Death Plateau, in addition to level 60 in Strength or Agility.
- ↑ Requires partial completion of Lunar Diplomacy.
- ↑ Only after paying 100 Slayer reward points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Players may be given a chance to slay TzTok-Jad, giving 25,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the cave.
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Players may be given a chance to slay TzKal-Zuk, provided they have already killed it once before, giving 100,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the Inferno.
Increased task numbersEdit
- Prior to an update on 17 September 2015, Nieve did not wield an Elysian spirit shield. In addition, her old examine text was shared with other Slayer masters, which was "She looks dangerous!"
- Originally, Nieve wore an onyx amulet. This was likely an oversight by the developers as it was later changed to an amulet of fury.
- Nieve's examine text implies that she purchased some or all of her equipment on the Grand Exchange.
- "Nieve" is an archaic Scottish term for a clenched fist. It also means "snow" in Spanish.
- Nieve seems to be very skilled; she wears some of the most powerful equipment available to players and guards the Stronghold Slayer Cave. Furthermore, she is able to telepathically communicate with players inside the cave, preventing them from attacking monsters outside of their slayer assignments. This suggests that she has a scrying pool or some sort to watch the entire dungeon. Most of the monsters in the cave are also not found around the local area, suggesting that she may have captured them.
• • • • • • • • •
• • (20) • (40) • (70) • (85) / (85) • (100)