|Release date||10 April 2014 (Update)|
|High Alch||27,000 coins|
|Low Alch||18,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||421,477 coins (info)|
|A satanic evil embodies this amulet.|
The occult necklace is a magical amulet that requires 70 Magic to wear. It is dropped by the smoke devil and its boss variant. Wearing it increases the player's Magic damage by 10%, and is the only amulet to give such a bonus. This 10% bonus will also stack with existing boosts, such as the Staff of the dead.
A combination of the occult necklace and staff of the dead while using Ice Barrage would increase a player's max hit to 37, from an original maximum of 30. The max hit increases to 42 if using a Black mask (i) or Slayer helmet (i) on a slayer task.
Players can attach an occult ornament kit, obtained from master clue scrolls, to cosmetically enhance the necklace, creating an occult necklace (or). This only alters its appearance, and gives no stat enhancements. It can be dismantled, returning the necklace and ornament kit.
|Hover over image for type|
A player wearing the Occult necklace
Comparison with other amuletsEdit
|Item||Magic attack||Magic defence||Magic damage||Prayer bonus|
|Amulet of fury||+10||+15||+0 %||+5|
|3rd age amulet||+15||+10||+0 %||0|
|Occult necklace||+12||0||+10 %||+2|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Smoke devil 160 1 Nuclear smoke devil 280 1 Thermonuclear smoke devil 301 1
- Even though it is classified as a necklace, it appears to be strung, which would make it an amulet in Runescape's terms.
- The necklace seems to be based on Runescape 3's Arcane blast necklace.
- The necklace's examine text describes a "satanic evil." This is unusual in that it references real-world mythology rather than an evil god from Runescape lore.
- Most pieces of equipment providing magic attack bonus also provide the same amount in magic defence. The occult necklace does not.
- Despite its ambiguity, the necklace does work with salamanders.
• • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • •
(or) • • •• •