|Release date||8 September 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||The essence of fire.|
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
The base drop rate for the phoenix is 1/5,000 per roll. Because each supply crate gives a minimum of two independent rolls, the chance is effectively 1 - (4,999/5,000)2 = 9,999 / 25,000,000 or approximately % 0.039996.
However, for each extra 500 points gained after the first 500, players earn an additional roll on the drop table. For example, a player that gains 4,500 points will have a 1 - (4,999/5,000)10 = 0.2% (approximate) chance of obtaining a phoenix from the supply crate (Two rolls from the first 500, and another 8 from the additional 4,000 points).
- Player: So... The Pyromancers, they're cool, right?
- Phoenix: We share a common goal..
- Player: Which is?
- Phoenix: Keeping the cinders burning and preventing the long night from swallowing us all.
- Player: That sounds scary.
- Phoenix: As long as we remain vigilant and praise the Sun, all will be well.
- Phoenix: ...
- Player: What are you staring at?
- Phoenix: The great Sol Supra.
- Player: Is that me?
- Phoenix: No mortal. The Sun, as you would say.
- Player: Do you worship it?
- Phoenix: It is wonderous... If only I could be so grossly incandescent.
- Player: Who's a pretty birdy?
- The Phoenix Gives you a smouldering look.
- Phoenix: One day I will burn so hot I'll become Sacred Ash
- Player: Aww, but you're so rare, where would I find another?
- Phoenix: Do not fret mortal, I will rise from the Sacred Ash greater than ever before.
- Player: So you're immortal?
- Phoenix: As long as the Sun in the sky gives me strength.
- Player: ...Sky?
The Phoenix's dialogue makes several references to pop culture:
- The first and second dialogues are references to Solaire of Astora of Dark Souls.
- The "long night" mentioned in the first dialogue may be a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire.
- The Sacred Ash mentioned in the fourth dialogue is a reference to Pokémon, where Sacred Ash is an item associated with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh, who is based off of a phoenix.
- Also in the fourth dialogue, the player's confusion about the sky is a reference to RuneScape not having a skybox.
• • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •