|Release date||Varies (Update)|
A portal is a form of transportation that enables players to teleport between two places. Unlike ordinary teleports, portals can only be used at a fixed location and they can be used an unlimited number of times.
- House portals take you to a player-owned house.
- Exit portals are the exit from a player-owned house.
- Portal Chambers contain up to three portals with 14 possible destinations: Lumbridge, Camelot (Seers' Village), Ardougne, Kharyrll (Canifis), Falador, Varrock, Yanille (Watchtower), Senntisten (Digsite), Marim, Lunar Isle, Great Kourend (Castle), Waterbirth Island, Annakarl (Demonic Ruins), and the Fishing Guild
There are three portals on the top floor of the Wizards' Guild.
- The East portal sends players to the Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village.
- The South portal sends players to the Dark Wizards' Tower west of the Falador.
- The West portal sends players to the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village.
- The Rune Essence mine has four exit portals.
- The Abyss contains a portal to every Runecrafting altar.
- The mysterious ruins are portals to the Runecrafting altars.
- Three portals in Castle Wars transport players to the waiting rooms. There are also two portals in the waiting rooms that allow for exit.
- The Pest Control minigame features four monster portals that players aim to destroy.
The following random events used to use portals as a way of exit.
- In Recruitment Drive, portals are used to proceed through rooms.
- Underneath Entrana, a one-way portal takes players into level 28 of the Wilderness.
There are other portals scattered throughout RuneScape.