|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Developer||James B (framework)|
|Start point||Inspect Pirate Pete.|
|Description||Pirate Pete needs a fishcake to be protected. Talk to the Lumbridge Cook to learn how to make one.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Talk to the Cook in the next room. He will tell you to get ground cod, breadcrumbs, ground crab meat, and ground kelp. He will tell you that Murphy in Port Khazard will help you get the crab meat and kelp. Make sure to ask him each available question pertaining to the ingredients, or you may not be able to make them.
- Ground cod - Use your pestle and mortar on your raw cod.
- Breadcrumbs - Use your knife on your bread.
Note: It's recommended that you get extra kelp and crab meat, especially if you have a low Cooking level, as if you burn the fishcake, you will have to go back to do it all over again. Luckily, you don't need any more bronze wire and hides, so just get extra cod, bread, kelp, and the meat.
- Ironmen: An easy way to obtain a fishbowl for Recipe for Disaster without having to craft one or get one from an NPC drop is from Rum Deal. During the quest, you obtain a Fishbowl and net, which can be untangled, giving you an empty fishbowl.
Under the sea
Go to Murphy, who can be found at Port Khazard, to get your fishbowl made into a diving apparatus. Put it on, then ask to go diving. Your weight must be under 27 kilograms. Have multiple empty inventory spots, as you will not be able to drop items underwater yet need to pick up new items. Once you're underwater, find a tall plant, and pick it for the kelp. Then, look for a crab pen to the north. Talk to Nung. He will tell you to get him five mudskipper hides.
Head to the entrance to the mudskippers' cave, on the western wall of the underwater area. Pick up five rocks near the entrance to the cave and then enter the cave. While in the cave (and the crab pen thereafter), you will be able to wield weapons as normal as you will be standing upright. Kill five mudskippers (level 30 and 31) to get hides. Take them back to Nung. Give him your needle and three bronze wire; he will let you into the crab pen after this.
In the pen, kill a crab and collect its meat. Grind the crabmeat and kelp you obtained.
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Cooking experience
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 1,000 Fishing experience
- 1,000 Smithing experience
- The ability to go diving and fight crabs (you need your diving apparatus)
- The ability to cook crab meat (heals 10 hitpoints in 5 bites)
- The ability to kill crabs to get their shells and claws, which can be made into a helmet and gloves with a chisel
- Further access to the Culinaromancer's Chest
Subquest of Recipe for Disaster
Another Cook's Quest • Freeing the Goblin generals • Freeing the Mountain dwarf • Freeing Evil Dave • Freeing the Lumbridge Guide • Freeing Pirate Pete • Freeing Skrach Uglogwee • Freeing Sir Amik Varze • Freeing King Awowogei