|Release date||20 September 2004 (Update)|
|Start point||Randomly receive a message from King Lathas' messenger (similar to a random event, and it will typically occur within 30 minutes of completing Underground Pass), however some players have experienced a wait of several hours before the messenger arrives.|
|Description||Continuing the Plague City series, the Regicide Quest takes you beyond the 'Well of Voyage' to a new realm.
King Lathas will employ you once again, this time for the grim task of disposing of his brother.
Upon travelling to the realm you will find yourself surrounded by new and strange plants, animals and even a new race.
Once there, you will see that everything is not as serene as it first appears.
Bring 6-8 summer pies if boosting from 51
|Enemies to defeat||Level 110 Tyras guard|
- Talk to King Lathas in Ardougne Castle (wait a few minutes for King's Message to be delivered to you).
- Talk to King Lathas again after receiving the King's Message.
- Travel through the Underground Pass which can be found on the far west side of West Ardougne. Refer to this guide if you get stuck.
- Travel down to Iban's Temple and enter the well.
- Exit the cave to the west.
- Run through the forest, talk to Idris.
- Run south, jump the leaves trap, run west, pass the sticks.
- Follow the path north west until you reach a camp.
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth.
- Talk to the elf tracker. (In an abandoned camp far southeast of Lord Iorwerth)
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth again.
- Talk to the elf tracker again.
- Click to follow the tracks a few steps west of the tracker near the blue mushrooms.
- Talk to the elf tracker.
- Climb through the dense forest, kill the guard.
- Go north, pass tripwire and go through more dense forest.
- Run west then south through more dense forest, talk to General Hining in the camp.
- Take at least 2 barrels (you will need 2 if you plan on completing Mourning's End Part I, and additional barrels may be useful in case of failing the distillation).
- Use your barrels on the tar just south of the Elf Tracker.
- Get 2 pieces of sulphur from right next to where you got the tar (you only need 2 if you plan on doing Mourning's End Part I).
- Use the sulphur with your pestle and mortar
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth. Read the book and keep it in your inventory.
- If you don't yet have limestone but did bring a pickaxe, head east from the elf camp now to mine some.
- Use limestone on any furnace (make sure gloves are equipped or you will take damage.)
- Get roughly 18-20 coal from your bank. (You can also exchange unnoted coal and 5 coins per banknote in the house near the POH portal)
- Talk to the chemist in Rimmington. Make sure you have the book in your inventory. (If you don't, the Quest Journal will not update!)
- Use your barrel of tar on the fractionation still outside (complete this process twice, if you plan on completing Mourning's End I because a barrel of naphta is required for that quest).
- Operate the still:
- Turn the valve on the right all the way to the third tick (all the way to the right).
- Wait for the pressure gauge to land in the green zone.
- Turn the valve on the left to the second tick (in the middle) to halt the pressure in the green zone. If it landed in the red zone, you could turn the valve right to relieve some pressure, then back to the middle.
- The valves never need to be touched again, and the pressure gauge can be ignored.
- Add 2 coal, and then 1 additional coal whenever the heat gauge falls too low (below, or counterclockwise from, the green zone). Don't spam click the "add coal" button. If you add 4 at once, it is likely to overheat and you will lose your barrel of coal-tar. The process is fast and may use only 4-5 coal.
- Grind the quicklime into an empty pot.
- Use the quicklime and sulphur on the barrel of naphtha to make a Barrel bomb (unfused).
- Create a strip of cloth by using 4 balls of wool on a loom. A loom can be found inside the building just west of the Falador cabbage patch (South of Falador city).
- Use the strip of cloth on the Barrel bomb (unfused) to make a Barrel bomb.
Items required: Spade, bow, arrows, 2 ropes, plank (optional), tinderbox, a cooked rabbit, and (of course) your completed barrel bomb.(antidote for traps).
- Go through the Underground Pass again.
- Head to the catapult, north of the Tyras Camp.
- Feed the guard a cooked rabbit. Use the bomb on the catapult.
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth.
The Lord's messageEdit
- Attempt to enter Ardougne Castle.
- Talk to King Lathas.
- Quest complete!
- 3 Quest points
- 13,750 Agility experience
- 15,000 Coins
- Access to the elven kingdom of Tirannwn and the overpass of Arandar
- Access to the dragon halberd (325,000 coins at the Tyras Camp)
- The ability to charter a ship to Port Tyras
- The ability to use Elf Camp teleport scrolls
- The ability to use Zul-andra teleport scrolls and kill Zulrah
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Regicide is required for the following:
Quick Guide • Transcript