|Release date||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||An abyssal rift guardian.|
The rift guardian is a skilling pet that can be obtained while training runecrafting. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Runecrafting level, and the rune the player is crafting. In addition, the chance of getting it is also based on the number of essence used.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will not wander around for 30 seconds, but will disappear instantly.
The colour of the pet received is dependent on the altar at which the player's runes were crafted. Players can change its colour by crafting a rune at the desired runecrafting altar while it is following the player. Thus, various colours will require different runecrafting levels.
When runecrafting at the Ourania Altar it will turn into a random colour, but not necessarily one of the runes the player has crafted.
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a rift guardian. The pet chance is rolled per essence crafted.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Runecrafting level.
- Player: Can you see your own rift?
- Rift guardian: No. From time to time I feel it shift and change inside me though. It is an odd feeling.
- Player: Where would you like me to take you today Rifty?
- Rift guardian: Please do not call me that... we are a species of honour <player name>.
- Player: Sorry.
- Player: Hey! What's that!
- You quickly poke your hand through the rift guardian's rift.
- Rift guardian: Huh, what?! Where?
- Player: Not the best guardian it seems.
• • • • • • •
• • • • • • •