|Release date||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||An abyssal rift guardian.|
The rift guardian is a skilling pet that can be obtained while training runecrafting. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Runecrafting level, and the rune the player is crafting. In addition, the chance of getting it is also based on the number of essence used.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds, but will disappear instantly.
The colour of the pet received is dependent on the altar at which the player's runes were crafted. Players can change its colour by crafting a rune at the desired runecrafting altar while it is following the player. Thus, various colours will require different runecrafting levels.
When runecrafting at the Ourania Altar it will turn into a random colour, but not necessarily one of the runes the player has crafted. The wrath rune colour pattern, however, can only be obtained from runecrafting at the wrath altar.
Should players wish to keep their rift guardian the same colour, they may do so via the right-click "Locking" option while it is following the player.
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a rift guardian. The pet chance is rolled per essence crafted.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Runecrafting level.
The fastest method on average (excluding the use of runners) to receive the rift guardian is by crafting mind runes, using the Mind Altar Teleport. However, lava runes are recommended, as they are only slightly slower for receiving the pet, but they are significantly better for experience.
- Player: Can you see your own rift?
- Rift guardian: No. From time to time I feel it shift and change inside me though. It is an odd feeling.
- Player: Where would you like me to take you today Rifty?
- Rift guardian: Please do not call me that... we are a species of honour <player name>.
- Player: Sorry.
- Player: Hey! What's that!
- You quickly poke your hand through the rift guardian's rift.
- Rift guardian: Huh, what?! Where?
- Player: Not the best guardian it seems.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 26 September 2016. Mod Kieren: "Runecrafting pet rates! Retweet! Fairly straight forward one :). "
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 27 September 2016. Mod Kieren: "Just for awareness, having set out all the skillpet rates yesterday, the rate for ZMI will be 1,487,213 per essence for RC skillpet."
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •