Note: Please only make requests on this page that specifically require sysop tools to fulfill.
Unable to add articleEdit
Im trying to add an article about broken armour but it keeps getting rejected because of the "anti-meme" filter. I have copied the source code for later. I was wondering how i would go about circumventing this issue. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Reapify (talk) on 18:55, October 21, 2015 (UTC).
Trying to find some information I yesterday went to the Help:Content page. And I found out that it needs a major overhaul. First, nearly all of the links go to the rs3 wiki, not the 2007 one - and many, maybe even most of those even go to pages which say that the page either never existed or was deleted.
I found out that most of the pages that are tried to link to exist on the 2007scape wiki - just are called differently. Most of them I found hiding in the Categories Policies, Guidelines, 2007scape Wiki and one in Essays.
Even having found most of those pages, I do not feel capable of making the required changes - not on something like a Help-page. I believe this would best be done by an Admin who knows what is where, and possibly even can delete links that do not exist or create the required pages. So I posted here, even if this matter does not fit exactly into the description.
Extension hook bad words Edit
In making a quick guide for RFD I, again, encountered the extensin hook error. I traced it down to the word "n*ts", as in monkey n*ts. I had to replace all instances with the word "nots" to get it to publish but this obviously needs fixing. Is there a way I can get around this filter or does an admin need to do it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wohefosjdf (talk) on 00:49, January 14, 2017.
Editing a pageEdit
I was looking to edit the P2P Cooking Guide, and add in the costs of raw fish at each level ( 1-15 Shrimp, etc), and the selling value of these cooked fish. When I tried to publish the edit, the automatic anti-vandalism tool told me that it would not be published and that would need to be looked at by an admin. Is there anywhere I could put these changes to be reviewed and added by a moderator? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Vesperiant (talk) on 21:17, March 29, 2017.
I think the file page for the TzRekJad image should be renamed "TzRek-Jad" to match the case of the item ingame. I don't have the ability to rename the page directly, and trying to change it by uploading a new file didn't work, because I couldn't edit the "destination filename" box. I also couldn't figure out how to link directly to the page without just inserting the image, but oh well.
JohnSixxScott (talk) 22:07, June 16, 2017 (UTC)
- I've updated the naming conventions. For future reference, when linking a file, put a colon in front of the word "file", so it looks like
[[:File:Mainpage logo.png]]. The end result will be File:Mainpage logo.png. -- 23:15, June 16, 2017 (UTC)
HeirApparently deleted a seperate puzzle box guide page, but did so without transfering its information. Is there anyway to bring it it back???
I used the information on both pages, and one is gone now, seemingly forever. Can you bring back the puzzle box/guide page?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bivathon (talk) on 18:48, July 27, 2017.
Adding to an ArticleEdit
I'm trying to add to the Free-to-play Ranged training guide article by adding in a maximum hit table. I was able to add the table to the article but when I later tried to edit in some links and make some other minor changes I was unable to due to it matching the abuse rule: prevent common nonsense.
- I've also had a problem with the filter, claims I'm trying to add inappropriate words and I'm not sure what's causing that. Anyways, if an admin could overwrite the current stuff on Monster with the text from my sandbox, I'd appreciate it --Shockstorm (talk) 06:31, September 17, 2017 (UTC)
- I've edited monster for you. I'm about to check what triggered the abuse filter for the ranged training guide. I'll post my findings in a sec. -- 00:28, September 18, 2017 (UTC)
- Just editing this page Speedy Keith (like changing "wilderness" to "Wilderness") gives "innappopriate words" and won't allow it to be edited --Shockstorm (talk) 01:36, October 12, 2017 (UTC)
File Move Edit
Requesting to move The_Lady_of_the_Lake_Chathead.png to The_Lady_of_the_Lake_chathead.png as the chathead doesn't show up in the Merlin's Crystal template unless "chathead" is lowercase.
07:18, March 23, 2018 (UTC)
Rock crabs missing loot info. Edit
Rock crabs can drop edible seaweed x2 too. Not just sand crabs. this is useful information for ironman accounts that get edible seaweed as a requirement for the fairytale part 1 quest to obtain the magical secateurs.
- It already has this on their drop table 11:53, March 29, 2018 (UTC)
OSRS Wiki Spanish TranslationsEdit
As many of you, fellow wikians and OSRS players might've noticed, the Spanish speaking community has grown large the last few years and we see more and more of them through time. I have realized some of them have some trouble understanding the wiki since English isn't their first language. I've spoken about it with a few friends and we've decided we may have some time to translate the wiki to Spanish in our free time, while doing any afk tasks in-game. This would be helpful to those who don't speak English well or don't speak it at all. Of course, it'd be better to have the ability to choose a language in the wiki instead of having a separate wiki for Spanish speaking users, hence why I'm requesting the ability to open articles in Spanish just like you would in Wikipedia. If this wasn't able to go through, we'd start a separate wiki anyways, since the idea is to help the community. Obviously this could probably work for other languages too, given that the users want to translate articles themselves.
P.D: As a Computer Engineering student I've got the knowledge to make any necessary deep(ish) changes.
Unprotection request Edit
Please unprotect my userpage, which was protected in violation of several policies, including RuneScape:Protection policy. I cannot currently remove vandalism. --LiquidTalk 23:37, March 30, 2018 (UTC)
Updating the Rune Pick monster table Edit
- Added it in :) thanks 12:59, April 8, 2018 (UTC)
Adding new page Edit
I'm trying to add "Abstract mural" as a new page, but it refuses to get created because of "inappropriate words". The article's content doesn't seem to matter as it refuses to get created. I think it has something to do with the name "Abstract mural". Can I request to create this page? /Antwan\ (Talk) 12:01, April 29, 2018 (UTC)
- Done. Not sure why it was tripping the filter though. 220.127.116.11 address (talk) 12:47, April 29, 2018 (UTC)
Unable to edit Vorkath page for "inappropriate words" Edit
Unable to modify the Vorkath/Strategies page due to "inappropriate
- Poison Pool Quickfire Barrage: Launches acid around the arena and proceeds to fire a barrage of 25 dragonfires at the player. Any damage taken while standing on the acid heals Vorkath for the same amount; up to 10 damage per tick. Should the player stand still, the dragonfire barrage deals 30-40 damage per hit regardless of prayers. Additionally, Vorkath takes 50% reduced damage until the special attack ends.
- Zombified Ice Dragonfire: Vorkath freezes the player in place with damageless ice dragonfire, then summons a zombified spawn immediately after. While the spawn is alive, Vorkath is immune to all damage. The spawn moves towards the player and explodes on impact dealing up to 60 damage. The spawn does less damage the lower its hitpoints are before impact. Players should queue the Crumble Undead spell and click on the spawn as soon as it lands to kill the spawn in one hit and prevent all damage. Players are freed ,Vorkath's immunity ends, and the special attack phase is over once the spawn is killed.
Ranged = The dragon hunter crossbow is the most effective weapon to use against Vorkath though its high cost may make it too expensive for most players. The crossbow's passive effect damage and accuracy boosts stack with the Salve amulet (e)/Salve amulet(ei) and void knight set allowing players to hit in the 70s without special effects at 99 ranged. Players can also equip a Book of law to increase accuracy or an anti-dragonfire shield to nullify or dampen dragon damage in conjunction with a Super antifire potion. Players should use Protect from Missiles with any form of anti-dragonfire shield and Protect from Magic if using the Book of law.
The Toxic blowpipe is a significantly cheaper yet still effective method of killing Vorkath. Players should still use Void Knight equipment but replace the ammo slot with a God blessing and bring a defence-reduction special attack weapon. Players should use Protect from Magic with the blowpipe along with a Super antifire potion. Players should use a Bandos godsword or Dragon warhammer at the start of the fight to reduce Vorkath's defence. After each successful Vorkath kill or failure to reduce Vorkath's defence with both special attacks, players should replenish their special attack bars with an Ornate rejuvenation pool or the Clan Wars FFA portal. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jetbent (talk) on 15:07, June 3, 2018.