Welcome to the information article for the Old School RuneScape Wiki Twitter account @OSRS_Wiki. The Wiki's Twitter account was created in March 2015.
The Wiki's Twitter account is used to send out announcements, answer questions about the Wiki and RuneScape, and connect with the community. It is managed by Wiki editors.
How to get involvedEdit
To get involved, post here, and request access to the account. Should your application be successful, you will receive the password. Please note that to ensure security and efficiency, and to minimise confusion, requests may be refused if there is no necessity for additional moderators.
Below are the current Twitter moderators.
There are currently 2 active account moderators.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the twitter account.
- I searched up the wiki Twitter and found two accounts. Which one is the real one?
- The real wiki twitter is "@OSRS_Wiki", as the other one was mishandled and eventually abandoned.
- What's a "cotag", and why don't I see it on any of the recent tweets?
- Our cotags are used to identify who sent one tweet. Following a small internal discussion, as the twitter administration team is quite small, it was decided that CoTags should only be used when absolute necessary.
- Whats the difference between the "RS_Wiki" account and the "OSRS_Wiki" account?
- The RS_Wiki account is headed by and intended for our sister wiki, the RuneScape Wiki for announcements and broadcasts involving the live version of the game, colloquially known as RuneScape 3.
- If I have a question regarding a problem or an inquiry regarding an administrative request, can I tweet at the OSRS_Wiki account?
Have another question that you don't see on here? Ask it here or tweet at us!
For account moderatorsEdit
Please remember the following when taking administrative action on the profile:
- Do not post unnecessary or excessive tweets.
- Do not change the profile's settings unless necessary.
- As concrete rules are few, use common sense and think things through when taking administrative action.