|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||1 coin|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|• This should scare the birds.|
• Should scare off the birds...
A scarecrow can be made by members with level 23 Farming. Each scarecrow made grants 25 experience. The scarecrow is placed in the flower patch as protection for sweetcorn planted in the nearby allotments. The scarecrow is used to complete one of the medium Falador Diary tasks, as well as for one of the easy Morytania Diary tasks.
- Hay sack (use an empty sack on a hay bale or haystack)
- Bronze spear (poisoned variants work except (kp))
With the scarecrow in the inventory, it is used on the flower patch to place it. Note that weeds will grow up around the scarecrow, which does not affect the scarecrow's ability to protect sweetcorn from disease. To remove, a spade is used on the flower patch, which returns the scarecrow to the inventory.
- Attempting to use a non-bronze spear on the sack gives the message, "Waste this spear on a scarecrow? I think not - maybe I should find a bronze spear instead."
- If you check the protection costs in the farming guide it says "Unsurprisingly, scarecrows don't need protection."