|Release date||21 January 2001 (Update)|
| Very snappily dressed.|
The silk trader can be found north of the Al Kharid palace. He provides a slow but reliable way for newer members to gain some money. If the player is prepared to click through a lengthy dialogue, they can buy some silk for just 3 coins, which may then be sold for a small profit at any general store excluding the general store in Al Kharid. It is also possible to sell it at the Grand Exchange for a bigger profit.
It is possible for players to lower the purchase price of the silk by refusing the original offer by the Silk Trader and instead settling for a price of 2 coins.
- Silk trader: Do you want to buy any fine silks?
- Player: How much are they?
- Silk trader: 3 gp.
- Player: No. That's too much for me.
- Silk trader: 2 gp and that's as low as I'll go.
- Silk trader: I'm not selling it for less. You'll probably go and sell it in Varrock for a profit, anyway.
- Player: 2gp sounds good.
- (You buy some silk for 2 gp.)
- Player: No, really. I don't want it.
- Silk trader: Okay, but that's the best price you're going to get.
- Player: Okay, that sounds good.
- (You buy some silk for 3 gp.)
- Player: No. Silk doesn't suit me.