|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|Requirements||Wearing a Cape of Accomplishment or cabbage cape|
A Skillcape emote can be performed when the player is wearing the proper Cape of Accomplishment or cabbage cape. The emote has something in common with the skill whose cape you're wearing. For example, the Defence cape Skillcape emote shows a player defending themselves from different threats.
Skillcapes will raise the level of the skill temporarily to 100, and will give the bonus to the skill, such as with the Strength cape, you can hit higher. While doing the Prayer or Hitpoints cape emote the level can't be raised to 100, but if you are down in that skill it can be raised up to 99, 1 level every minute. You can raise it the level by taking off and putting on the cape, or going into the equipment interface and clicking "Boost". The emote's picture is a player with a Ranging cape and Ranging equipment, even though you might not get a Ranging cape.
Each Cape of Accomplishment has a different emote. It does not matter if the cape is trimmed or not; the emote is always the same. This emote can be performed on free-to-play worlds, even if it is a members skill.
These are the animations produced by operating or using the Skillcape emote while wearing a Cape of Accomplishment.
Unlocking the Music cape first does not unlock the Skillcape emote.
List of emotes
- The shortest emote is the Music cape emote which is 2.00 seconds.
- The longest emote is the Achievement Diary emote which is 19.00 seconds.
- A bug exists where the emote icon is not highlighted when wearing a cabbage cape even though the emote can be performed.
- Upon initial release of the cabbage cape, players were able to use the cape's skillcape emote to complete an elite Falador diary task requiring the player to use a skillcape emote at the top of the White Knights' Castle. It was patched very soon after being found.
Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood) • (Hood)(
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •