|Release date||26 April 2005 (Update)|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||1|
|Main music||City of the Dead|
|Teleportation||Pharaoh's Sceptre (Jalsavrah)|
|Location on World Map|
Sophanem, the "City of the Dead", is located far south in the Kharidian Desert, right on the edge of the map. Players need to progress far enough into Icthlarin's Little Helper in order to enter this city or teleport to the Pyramid Plunder mini-game using the Pharaoh's Sceptre then leaving the pyramid. The city is currently being afflicted by several plagues. A bank and some shops open after Contact! quest. Players come here to get good thieving experience at Pyramid Plunder or for a hard clue scroll.
- The Pharaoh's Sceptre can teleport you directly inside the Pyramid Plunder mini-game.
- The magic carpet system can be used to travel to Sophanem from Pollnivneach (if you have completed Icthlarin's Little Helper)
- Fairy ring code DLQ is some distance away but probably an option if the above two are not available.
- Teleport to Nardah and run south-west.
A shortcut just east of the bank at the wall leads to the camp just north of Sophanem and west of the Agility Pyramid.
There is an altar where a player may recharge prayer on the west side of the city.
Shops opened after the Contact! quest:
- Blades by Urbi (north) - daggers bronze to dragon, scimitar bronze to steel
- Jamila's Craft Stall (east) - moulds and other crafting supplies
- Nathifa's Bake Stall (west of carpenter) - bread, cake, chocolate slice, waterskin(4)
- The Spice is Right (south west store) sells pots, gnome spice and antipoison potions.
- Carpenter (east)- He will buy willow logs for 40 each, although he stops after Contact! has been completed.
- Sophanem guard
- Stone mason
- Neferti the Camel
- High Priest
- Guardian mummy
The Spot Plague that the people have become cursed with is very similar to Smallpox.