Stew is a food item made with the Cooking skill. A Cooking level of 25 is required to make them. Stews give 117 Cooking experience, and heal 11 hitpoints. Players will no longer burn stews when they reach level 58 Cooking.
A Maid can also make a stew in a player house if asked.
Making the stew
To make a stew:
- Get an empty bowl.
- Fill it with water.
- Use the resulting bowl of water with raw potato to get an incomplete stew.
- Use the Incomplete Stew with cooked meat or cooked chicken to get an uncooked stew.
- Cook the stew on a range.
It can also be purchased from
- The Warriors' Guild Food Shop for 28 coins with 10 stock (280 coins for the whole stock; next to bank)
- Mos Le'Harmless' "The Other Inn" and "Harpoon Joe's House of 'Rum'" for 20 coins with 5 stock at each store (the stocks are shared). Located near the bank; Book o' piracy required.
- Kamen in the Underground Pass will also sell a stew, along with a Meat pie and a loaf of Bread, to the player for 75 coins.
- The Seers' Village bartender for 20 coins. (A fast way to buy these from the bartender is to click on him, press: space, 1, space, space, 3, space, space. Click again and repeat).
- The Keldagrim barmaid for 20 coins (East Bar). (A fast way to buy these from the barmaid is to click on her, and press: space, 3, space, space, 1. Click again and repeat).
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Chaos Elemental 305 10
- Interestingly enough, when making stews and adding potato it will say "You cut up the potato and put it into the bowl." and when adding meat/chicken it will say "You cut up the meat/chicken and put it into the stew." in the chatbox, even if you don't have a knife in the inventory.