|Release date||14 September 2004 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to Timfraku in his house in Tai Bwo Wannai, marked by an anvil.|
|Description||In Jungle Potion, the Shaman Trufitus communed with the gods to determine the fate of his people.
Now Timfraku, the Chief of Tai Bwo Wannai, wishes to see his people and family return to the abandoned village.
Help a depressed fisherman, encourage a raging hunter and satiate an eccentric priest in this extreme test of aptitude and patience!
|Items required||All items which are not listed otherwise should be obtained ahead of time by buying from other players or the GE.
|Enemies to defeat||Optional Jogre (Level 53)
Monkey (Level 3)
Depending on your account type, use either the Ironman or Non-Ironman guide below. You can still try to follow either guide if you think it would be more appropriate for you.
Warning: Right-click all items during the quest as most of them are edible / destroyable.
It is highly recommended to bring ALL quest items and teleports at the start.
- Travel to Musa Point (Amulet of Glory to Karamja), pick a banana.
- Run South into the pub, buy a Karamjan rum off Zambo for 30gp.
- Use a knife on your banana, then right click the Sliced banana and use it on your rum.
- Head to Fairy Ring CKR (south of Tai Bwo Wannai), then run around north to the fishing spots.
- Fish ONE Raw karambwanji.
- Use your pestle and mortar on it
- Use a tinderbox on your Jogre bones (unless you used them on a Range earlier)
- Light a fire with any logs
- Pick up the Burnt jogre bones and use your Karambwanji paste on them.
- Use the Pasty jogre bones on the fire to get Marinated j' bones.
- Fish another 20 Raw karambwanji (or 21 if you don't have a loaded vessel).
- Head north to Tai Bwo Wannai (or use a Brimhaven house teleport and run south if you have them)
- Talk to Timfraku in the western house above Tai Bwo Wannai (Chat 1, 3, wait, 2, 1).
- Use a Brimhaven house teleport or simply run north to Lubufu by the fishing spots.
- Talk to Lubufu (chat 1, talk again, 1, 3, 2, 3, 1)
- Talk to him again and give him 20 raw karambwanji.
- Talk to him three times (chat 2, 3, 1).
- Wait, then accept his gift and learn how to fish Karambwan (chat 1).
- If you don't already have a loaded vessel, drop the one he gave you and get another, pick up the first one and load it with a Raw karambwanji
Helping the Brothers
- Head to Fairy Ring DKP
- Talk to Tiadeche, use your loaded vessel on him and accept his gift (chat 1)
- Use the fairy ring right next to you and use the code CKR
- Run north-east to the mine, talk to Tamayu (chat 3) and watch a cutscene.
- Right click and use your Agility pot (4) and Spear (kp) on him - make sure he takes both.
- Talk to him again (chat 3), watch the cutscene.
- Kill a monkey in this area with magic or ranged, take its corpse.
- Use the corpse on Tamayu.
- Use your seaweed on the monkey skin to get a seaweed sandwich.
- Either run south-west or use another fairy ring teleport to go back to CKR.
- Climb up the hill and cross the bridge onto Cairn Isle.
- Talk to Tinsay and hand him all the food he requests (chat 1 whenever prompted).
- After handing him the Marinated j' bones, use your empty vessel on him and receive a manual.
- Head to Fairy Ring DKP
- Talk to Tiadeche, use your manual on him and he will agree to go back to the village (but he'll stay for now).
- Either use a Brimhaven House teleport, Fairy Ring CKR or simply walk back to the quest start.
- Talk to Timfraku (chat 2) and finish the quest.
(Optional) XP rewards
- Head south into Tai Bwo Wannai village.
- Talk to the three brothers in the southern huts.
- Tamayu: 2.5k attack and strength XP, rune spear (kp)
- Tinsay: 5k cooking xp
- Tiadeche: 5k fishing xp, learn how to thoroughly cook karambwan
- Speak to Timfraku (1, 3, 3, 1) cyan on map, upstairs
- Go south to (blue) catch 1 Karambwanji and use on pestle and mortal for paste.
- Catch 21 more Karambwanji.
- It is recommended to catch some extra Karambwanji in case you burn your poison karambwan.
- Minigame teleport to Tzhaar Fight Pits.
- Use your Jogre bones on the Lava Forge (marked as a furnace on mini-map) located south of the bank.
- Use your Karambwanji paste on the Burnt jogre bones.
- Use your Pasty jogre bones on a nearby sulphur vent to cook them. You should now have Marinated j' bones with the examine text "Burnt Jogre bones marinated in a lovely Karambwanji sauce. Perfect."
- Bank at Tzhaar and withdraw Sliced bananas or make some yourself by using your Knife on a Banana, then withdraw 30 coins. Your Knife is no longer needed, you can bank it.
Learning to fishEdit
- Kill a monkey with your bow and arrows and retrieve a Monkey corpse, marked (3) in brown on the map.
- Travel to the bar in Musa Point, marked (4) in gold on the map.
- Purchase a Karamjan rum from Zambo in the bar for 30 Coins.
- Right-click your Sliced banana and use it on the Karamjan rum.
- Travel to Lubufu in Brimhaven, marked (5) in red on the map.
- Talk to Lubufu (1, 3, 2, 3, 1)
- Talk to Lubufu again to give him 20 Karambwanji.
- Talk to Lubufu (3)
- Talk to Lubufu (2)
- Talk to Lubufu (1, 1)
- Drop the Karambwan vessel and talk to Lubufu to receive another, then pick it back up.
Gathering the brothersEdit
- Load a Karambwan vessel with a Karambwanji.
- Travel to Tiadeche, marked (6) in green on the map. He is located near DKP, banking to use this fairy ring is recommended.
- Talk to him then use your loaded Karambwan vessel on Tiadeche; you should receive a Raw karambwan.
- Load your vessel with another Karambwanji and catch some more Raw Karambwan (65 fishing required).
- Light a fire with your Tinderbox and Logs.
- Cook your Raw karambwan and get a Poison karambwan, try again if you burn.
- Use your Pestle and mortar on the Poison karambwan.
- Use your Karambwan paste on your Spear.
- Talk to Tiadeche again to receive a task to engineer a Karambwan vessel.
- Travel to Tamayu near the mine east of Tai Bwo Wannai village, marked (7) in white on the map. Code CKR and travel north-east to mine.
- Talk to Tamayu twice, the second time choose the options: When will you succeed -> Yes. (3-1)
- After the cutscene ends, use your Agility potion (4) and Spear (kp) on Tamayu.
- Talk to Tamayu again and choose: Take me on your next hunt for the Shaikahan. (3)
- After the cutscene use your Monkey corpse on Tamayu to receive Monkey skin and Monkey bones.
- Use your Monkey skin on your Seaweed.
- Travel to Tinsay on Cairn Isle, marked (8) in pink on the map.
- Talk to Tinsay four to six times, choose Yes (1) whenever it appears then wait for the chat to continue, to receive and fulfill his three food requests for: Banana rum, Seaweed sandwich, and Marinated j' bones.
- Use your Karambwan vessel on Tinsay to receive a Crafting manual after a pause in chat.
- Travel to Tiadeche, marked (6) in green on the map. He is located near DKP.
- Use your Crafting manual on Tiadeche.
- Travel to Timfraku and speak to him again.
- Quest complete!