A Tanner is a non-player character who for a price will tan hides into leather:
- Cowhide, which becomes Leather or Hard leather
- Snake hide, which becomes Snakeskin.
- Green, blue, red, and black Dragonhide, which becomes Dragon leather of the same colour.
Players cannot tan hides themselves, so tanners are very useful for players wishing to use the Crafting skill to make Ranged armour. While certain types of leather require a minimum crafting level to craft them, there is no minimum crafting level to use a tanner to tan the hides.
- Ellis in Al Kharid. Both the Ring of duelling and the Amulet of glory can be used to teleport to Al Kharid, and Ellis is near a bank.
- The first floor of the Crafting Guild.
- Ranging Guild.
- Sbott in Canifis. Sbott charges higher prices for tanning, a bit over twice what other tanners charge. Sbott is near both the CKS Fairy ring and a bank.
|Raw material||Product||Crafting level||Tanning price|
|Snake hide (Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup)||Snakeskin||45||15||25|
|Snake hide (Temple Trekking)||Snakeskin||45||20||45|
|Green dragonhide||Green dragon leather||57||20||45|
|Blue dragonhide||Blue dragon leather||66||20||45|
|Red dragonhide||Red dragon leather||73||20||45|
|Black dragonhide||Black dragon leather||79||20||