|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Respawn time||2 seconds|
|Examine||A rocky outcrop.|
A tin rock contains tin ore mined upon with a pickaxe. It can be mined with any level Mining. Mining 14 tin ore and 14 copper ore (wielding the pickaxe as a weapon to free the 28th inventory space) and smelting them to bronze bars is a slow but effective way to raise Mining and Smithing.
For members, it is not really known that players can power level the Mining skill with tin ore in the Port Khazard mine and amass ore. This is because of two fast respawning tin rocks that are very close to a bank deposit box. These two tin rocks are the closest mining rocks to a fast bank source, which surpasses the West Falador mine and level 5 Agility shortcut.
On the other hand, free players can best gather their ores at either East Varrock Mine or West Varrock Mine and banking at the respective banks. For example, if using West Varrock Mine, one would bank at Varrock West Bank.
- Dwarven Mine - 10 rocks
- South-west Varrock mining site (bank at Varrock West Bank) - 8 rocks
- South-east Varrock mining site (bank at Varrock East Bank) - 6 rocks
- Barbarian Village Mine - 5 rocks
- Lumbridge Swamp training mine - 5 rocks
- Edgeville Dungeon Mine - 2 rocks
- Rimmington Mine - 2 rocks
- Al Kharid Mine - 1 rock
- Abandoned Mine - 12 rocks
- Jatizso Mine - 11 rocks
- West Falador Mine - 6 rocks (closest rocks to a bank with the Falador Wall Agility shortcut requiring 5 Agility)
- Keldagrim south-west mine - 5 rocks
- Fight Arena Mine (bank at the Port Khazard deposit box or Yanille) - 5 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp (surface) - 4 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp (underground) - 4 rocks
- Piscatoris Mine - 2 rocks
- Port Khazard Mine - 2 rocks (very close to a bank deposit box)
Tin rock spawns at a standardised spawn rate, which is 2.0 seconds after it was last mined, no matter how many players are on a world. Whether it's zero or 2000 players in a single server, all ore across the game will respawn at the same rate.
|Mining rocks and sources|
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • • •
or) •• • • • • • • (